Chapter 5

Connor knew this was as good of a time as any to tell Troye about all his problems; to spill his heart out like Troye had moments ago, but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

Connor couldn't tell Troye about his life, about his fucked up, unfortunate, misleading life. It was too hard to even think about. Yet, it's hard not to think about it, considering the reason why Connor has no friends, is always isolated, and does 2 jobs all results back to his fucked up life. If he could; he would trade his life for any others.

As Troye stopped crying, he looked up at Connor with fear in his eyes. "I'm sorry" he gasped. "I'm sorry I shouldn't've cried on you like that" Connor gave Troye a smile.

"it's fine, some days we just have to let it all out, ya know?" Connor knew this feeling, but he never knew what it was like to let it all out to another person; he's only let it all out to himself. Troye nodded at Connors response then proceeded to talk.

"And Co-Connor. I know you might not feel comfortable spilling your secrets with me, but just know I'm always here"

"Thank you, Troye" It wasn't that he wasn't comfortable telling Troye about all his secrets, it was he was scared that Troye would hate him. He had finally made a legit friend that he was comfortable talking to and he didn't want to scare him away; so he was going to hide his secrets from Troye as long as possible.

"And I get it if, if you don't want to be my friend" Connor was shocked that Troye would even say something like that. Not want to be his friend?

"Troye are you serious? Of course I want to stay your friend. Your sexuality shouldn't put a barrier between us!" Troye smiled up at Connor's response.

"You know, you're my first real 'friend' outside of the studio" Connor found that hard to believe, but nodded his head. Troye finally untangled himself from Connor and gave him a weak smile. "So what's your story, Franta?"

Connor hesitated. "W-what do you mean?"

"How about this, we play a quick round of 20 questions."

"u-uh okay" Connor was nervous that a question about his personal life was going to be asked, but he tried to forget about that and just deal with what's coming to him.

"What's your middle name?" Connor chuckled then answered.

"it's Joel. Not many people know that though."

"Fair enough, what's your favorite hobby?"

"Easy. I love taking photos, but I haven't been able to for a while because my camera broke."

The game continued on for another few minutes or so, Troye usually asking fairly simple questions, and if he did ask a question about Connor's past, Connor would lie right through his teeth.

"What's your family like?"

"They're extremely nice" he lied

"How many siblings do you have?"

"I have three" he lied again.

"Why do you work 2 jobs?"

"to keep me busy" the lies kept coming out of him.

"Why are you always so distant from others?"

"I don't know, Troye. " That was the last question, thankfully, and Connor had managed to bullshit most of the answers about his personal life. "Alright, Troye. I better get home. If you need anything, call please. I'm always available." Troye nodded the sat up from his bed.

"Thank you again, Connor. This means a lot" As Troye wrapped his arms around Connor, an immediate fuzzy feeling came over him. He felt protected, loved even - something he hasn't felt for a while.