Chapter 18

Connor looked at his little TV in pride as Troye came prancing onto the stage of the Tonight Show. Connor was currently watching his best friends interview that happened earlier that day on his little TV. Sure, the quality wasn't the best thing in the world, but it got the point across.

Connor wasn't sure if he was more proud at the fact Troye came out or the fact that he came out on the Tonight Show. Either way, he was sure as hell proud of his friend - and nothing would change that.

As Grace asked Troye about school and friends, Connor couldn't help but smile because he knew damn well that Troye was talking about him. The quality of his T.V. may have been shitty, but Connor could clearly see how Troye looked as he talked about Connor.

He didn't seem irritated (like he does when talking about Bethany), but he seemed like he genuinely liked Connor as a person - that he was really grateful to have had Connor. And that sure as hell made Connor happy.

The thing with the rumor going around the school that hurt Connor the most was the part about Connor going after Troye. Sure, Connor had just been outed to the school - and as big as a deal that is, he knew it was going to happen eventually. But when people said that Connor would never have a chance with Troye, it hurt - because Connor believed they were right.

Bethany had somehow managed to read Connor and assume that he was crushing on Troye. And even though Connor never dared to admit it to himself; he really was crushing on Troye. And he was crushing hard.

Of course, he had always known that he felt something towards Troye. Just by the way Connor was completely okay with talking to Troye, being open with Troye, and just all around being near Troye really made Connor think hard about it.

But of course, that's why the rumor hurt the most. Because he thought everybody was right; he was a freak with unrealistic dreams to land a teenage pop sensation.

And as much as that hurt Connor to admit to himself, he was still beyond okay with having Troye as a best friend - because 2 gay guys could be best friends without dating.

"I'm actually gay" He heard Troye speak from the T.V. A smile immediately appeared on his face - he was so fucking proud.

Connor wanted to see the madness go down, so he pulled out his phone and opened the twitter app. He searched Troye's name in the search bar and was immediately greeted by thousands of fan girls freaking out over the words Troye just spoke a few seconds ago on T.V.

Connor started to laugh at the multiple tweets being displayed on his screen about Troye's coming out. Not after a couple of minutes, he notice the hashtag '#ProudOfYouTroye' start trending worldwide, which made Connor laugh again. Connors scrolling was soon interrupted by a call coming across his phone.

"Hey" the Australian spoke in the other line.

"Have you seen twitter?" Connor laughed "they're going crazy! They're so proud of you" that earned a laugh from Troyes end of the phone.

"yeah. God I'm so thankful to have the most supportive fans ever" Troye laughed. "But enough about me, how are you?"

__

That night, Troye couldn't fall asleep. His mind was filled with many different thoughts. Of course, he was still amped that he had just come out to his fans, but even then all of his thoughts circled back to one in particular. Connor.

Troye really adored Connor, sometimes he almost thinks he adores him a little too much. The way Connor talks when he's passionate about something is a sight Troye would love to watch and re-watch again. The way Connor's eyes light up even on the dullest days is enough to make Troye smile. Connor's smile is something that can light up the entire city itself. And his lips. Troye always wondered how it would be to feel them. To kiss them.

This wasn't some little crush that Troye was going to get over in the next day or two - it was a big crush, powerful enough to make or break him - and that truly terrified Troye.

And the thing that worried Troye the most was the fact that he had no clue if Connor returned those feelings. If all those hugs were just another platonic friendly hug, or if it actually meant something to him.

Troye had no clue how Connor felt. And he wanted to change that, granted Troye wanted a lot of things, but he truly wants to know how Connor feels about him. And Troye wanted to kiss Connor, confess his liking towards Connor. And he was going to do just that. Minus the kissing part.

Troye needed the perfect way to tell him he likes him, but he didn't want to go overboard, yet he didn't want to make it cheesy.

So that's what Troye Sivan was doing at 2 in the morning, trying to come up with a good way to tell Connor he likes him. It was more difficult than he thought. Does he bring him flowers? Does he just flat out tell him? He doesn't want to make it overly dramatic or cheesy. He want's in plain and simple, just in case Connor rejects him.

Then it hit him. What if he gets Connor alone in the office and just kind of sits there and talks to them, then subtly brings up the entire rumor? Troye can just casually slip in a 'I don't know why people think you don't have a chance with me because I kinda really like you' Was that good enough? It was risky, definitely, but that's all Troye could come up with in such short notice.

He decided tomorrow would be as good a time as any - he wanted to get it done and over with.

So once Troye was satisfied with his plan, he could finally fall asleep with images of Connor filling his head.

__

A/N

Before you ask, no he was not having sexual dreams about connor jfc

I have no life so heres another chapter. (what is this? 3 in 24 hours?)

sorry that it's kinda boring i just needed to write this because yah

Love me

thank you for 10k reads

Love you lovies xx