Chapter 13

By the end of the day, both boys were exhausted and wanted nothing more than to have an relaxing evening at Troyes house to watch a movie.

"Where's Bethany?" Connor asked as he got into Troyes car.

"She left early - something about having to talk to Jim?" Troye started up the car and put it in reverse, pulling out of his parking space.

"Weird. Can we stop off at the label before we head to your house? Tanya texted me and asked me to come in for a couple of minutes" Troye agreed and soon they were off to the record label.

Connor didn't know why he was being called in - he had the day off. But he was going to come in none the less and see why he's needed.

"Wait in the car. I'll just be a couple of minutes" Connor said, unbuckling his seatbelt and getting out of the car.

"Don't miss me too much" Troye playfully winked, causing Connor to roll his eyes.

As Connor walked into the building, he noticed the weird looks people were giving him as he passed by. What was going on?

"Mr.Franta!" Tanya called out from down the hall. "Glad to see you got my text. Mr. Chapman needs to see you right away." Tanya hurriedly rushed Connor into the office where he entered to see both Jim and Bethany sitting there.

Jim had a look of disappointment as Bethany had a look of pure sass. "Franta. Take a seat" Jim stated in a stern voice. He took a deep breath before folding his hands I front of him and on his desk. "So Bethany here was talking to me. She said you were being, and I quote, 'rude and disrespectful' is this true?"

Connor was completely taken back by this. Connor was being the disrespectful one? Did beating even hear what the fuck she was saying?

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Bethany said that she was talking to you in the hallway, and all you were doing was being rude to her - then she said you said 'she has no talent and you don't know why an idiot like Jim would sign her' is this true?" Jim was frustrated with Connor to say the least.

"W-what? No! I w-would never!" Connor was in shock - trying hard not to break down in tears. Why would Bethany accuse Connor of this? All because she fucking wanted Troye?

"I call crap!" Bethany spoke up. "It's all true. What I told you was true, Mr.Chapman. Connor is lying. Who are you going to believe? The future pop star or the no good intern?" Bethany basically shouted.

Connor wanted to drop dead right then and there. Why does Bethany hate him so much? He isn't doing anything but befriended Troye - something they both need. This is utter crap.

"Connor, tell your side of the story please"

"S-she pulled me a-aside and to-told me to back off of t-Troye because h-he is h-hers and s-she said she's gonna d-date him for r-real in a ma-matter of days." as Connor spoke, he realized how ridiculous he sounded and that was the moment where he knew he had lost this battle. Bethany had won and the consequences were going to be large.

"Connor, as much as I'd love to believe you - that doesn't sound like Bethany. I'm sorry but" Connor heard this speech many times before. He knew what was happening, so he just got up and made his way to the door.

"I get it. I'm fired because Bethany is a liar. Cool" Jim gave Connor an apologetic look,confirming Connors suspicions "If you need me, I'll probably be out in the street. Homeless." And with that, Connor walked out of the office and down the hall.

How did he manage to fuck up his life this bad? All he was doing was sticking up for his friend and he gets fired from it? Bull shit. All he wanted to do was get out of here and go home. Forget spending the evening with Troye.

As he walked out of the building, Troye was parked in front - waiting for Connor to walk out. He was drumming to a song on the radio as he was starting out the window - not noticing that Connor had opened the door and sat down.

"So what did Ta- Con?" Troye was one of the people who could tell when somebody was in an off mood - especially Connor.

"I fucking hate her" he mumbled under his breath, yet Troye still heard.

"Whose her? Bethany?" Connor nodded at the name mention. "What did she do?"

"She's a fucking liar that got me fired"

"What?"

"She got me fired. She fucking told him that I was disrespectful to her and said that she has no talent and blah blah so Jim fired me!" Connor cried out. "He wouldn't believe the real story because it's to fucking dumb in the first place"

Without a word, Troye walked out of the car, slamming the door behind him. "Troye?" Connor called out. "Troye no!" Connor copied Troye actions and ran after him into the building. "Troye stop!"

But he didn't. He continued stomping towards Jims office. And when he got there, he was thankful to see that Bethany was still there - talking to Jim.

"Mellet?" Jim sounded startled as Troye walked in.

"Babe!" Bethany cheered as she jumped from her seat to greet the Aussie.

"Don't babe me, Bethany. We're not dating and you know that. Who the fuck do you think you are? Lying to Jim Chapman, one of the most powerful men in music? You and I both know damn well that what Connor said was true." Connor just stood in the doorway, watching the scene unfold in front of him. Bethany looked terrified as Jim looked confused.

Troye continued to drag Bethany as Jim listened in on the conversation, gathering all the information being thrown at him.

"So why don't you tell Jim the damn truth and tell him to rehire Connor you selfish prick!" Connor had never seen Troye this angry before, and to think it was all for him was amazing.

"M-mr.Chapman" Bethany started out, fear in her voice from Troyes outbreak. Jim held out his hand, stopping Bethany from talking any further.

"No need to apologize. I've heard enough." At this point, Troye had retired to the doorframe by Connor, waiting for something to happen. "And as for you, Connor." Jim started, turning his attention to the shaking boy in the doorframe. "I'm sorry. You're rehired, alright?" Connor just nodded in response.

Troye turned to Bethany before Jim could continue "Jim, can Bethany and I just fucking 'break up' because this isn't working"

The smiled faded from Jims face as he spoke. "The publicity has been great, but I can see how badly comparable you two are. I would be okay with you guys breaking up..."

"But?" Troye called out. Of course there was a but. There was always a but.

"You two are going to be on the tonight show and you guys are going to talk about your relationship." Jim said, making Troye clench his fist.

"Are you fucking serious?"

"I'm sorry, Troye. But you gotta do what you gotta do" the room was silent as Triye clenched his fist- yet Bethany was smiling her biggest smile. "You're free to go" Connor wasted no time turning around and walking straight out of that dreadful building, Troye following not far behind.

"Connor, wait up!" Troye called out, grabbing Connor by his shoulder to stop him from walking away. Honestly, he was expecting a shit storm to come out from Connors mouth - talking about how he should've let the situation be. About how he never should've yelled like that - but instead, he got something he wasn't expecting. A hug

"Thank you" Connor whispered into Troyes neck. "This job is so important to me. Thank you Troye"

"Of course, Connor. I'd do anything for you"

--
A/N

DISCLAIMER: I DONT HATE BETHANY. I JUST NEED HER TO BE A BITCH FOR THE SAKE OF THE PLOT

ALSO IM WRITING THIS IN MY PHONE SO PLEASE IGNORE SPELLING ERRORS K

love you lovies xx