Chapter 12

"Honestly though, like what's the point? They lock us in this hell hole for 7 hours straight for nothing" Troye complained to Connor as he walked hand-in-hand with Bethany.

"Well, you learn shit" Connor commented quietly, looking only at Troye and avoiding talking to Bethany to the best of his ability.

"It's not that bad" Bethany chimed in "you get to see your friends and shit"

"Yeah, but I'd much rather be working on my music" Troye pointed out "besides, all my friends work at the label" he smiled, looking directly at Connor as he said so.

Connor slightly blushed at the actions of Troye, causing him to bite his lip and look at the ground. Troye couldn't help but stare as the boy with green eyes bit his lip oh so nervously. He found it cute - attractive almost - and that truly scared him.

What is Connor doing to Troye? Why is he acting like this all of a sudden?

His thoughts were soon cut off by Bethany tugging at his arm. "Babe, why don't you go into the class? I'll be there in a second - I want to talk to Connor. Get to know him." She innocently smiled. Troye gave a worried look to Connor but nodded all the same, making his way over to the classroom - leaving Bethany alone with Connor in the nearly empty hallway.

Connors heart was beating rapidly. Why would Bethany want to talk to Connor? He barley talks to anybody, let alone Bethany. Her innocent smile faded into a frown right before she grabbed Connors arm and pulled him aside.

"Listen here, Flanta" she spat.

"Franta" he corrected, his voice shaking at her sudden change of mood. "My last name is franta."

"Flanta, Franta, Fanta. Same thing whatever" she growled, making Connor take a step back from her. "I don't know who the fuck you are or why Troye is hanging around you - but you need to stop" she pointed a stern finger in his face.

"Wh-what are you t-talking about?" To say Connor was confused was an understatement.

"I'm talking about how Troye is mine. He's my Boyfriend so you need to keep your wandering eyes off of him and your little Antics to yourself" Connor wanted to laugh In her face right then and there, but she decided against it.

"What do you mean my antics?" He took enjoyment into this now, truly wondering what the fuck she meant.

"I see the way Troye looks at you, so whatever you're doing just stop"

"T-Troye and I ar-are jut friends" he stuttered out, still completely shy to be talking to someone like this.

"And it better fucking stay that way. He's my fucking boyfriend, he shouldn't be looking at anybody like that unless it's me" again, Connor had to hold back his laughter upon hearing this.

"H-he's gay" Connor mumbled "y-you're no-not actua-actually dating him" he managed to stutter out - causing a lush to escape from Bethany.

"Not for long" she laughed. "It'll be legit in a matter of days" just hearing Bethany say those words made Connor pissed, which have him a sudden burst of confidence.

"Listen here, Bethany." Connor stood straight, walking towards Bethany causing her to step back. "Being gay isn't a fucking choice. He can't just be gay in day and straight the next. I don't know who you think you are, but you having a chance with him is non existent, alright? So why don't you fuck off and cut the act with me. I know you're not dating, I know he's gay, and you know it too. So whatever you're doing, you can just stop." And with that, Connor walked away, making sure to slightly nudge her as he passed.

He stormed into the classroom, pissed as he could ever be - arms crossed, heavy footsteps, and a determined face - and sat down in his desk next to Troye.

"Hey Co- are you okay?" Troye noticed his change of mood and suddenly became concerned. "What happened?"

"I'll tell you later" Connor spoke, sternness in his face. And jut like that, Troye could tell that this day was going to be different.

___

At lunch, Bethany, Connor, and Troye all sat together. It was nice to finally have a peace in the school since everybody got use to the famous pop star attending their school.

Connor was oddly quiet. Granted- he usually is when he's around people other than Troye. But he was quieter than normal. When Troye would ask Connor a question, he'd just shrug in response.

It was frustrating Troye. Had he done something to upset Connor?

But the thing that confused Troye the most, was when Bethany was telling a story - and when Connor showed no emotion at all, Bethany turned to him and said: "what's wrong Connor? It's funny! Laugh!" So Connor did just that, pulling off a fake-ass laugh for a split second before stopping and giving Bethany the death glare.

That was the final straw, Troye had to know what was up with Connor and immediately.

After a couple seconds of silence, Bethany decided she would be the one to break it. "I'm going to go sit with GiGi, bye babe" she giggled before placing a kiss on Troyes cheek. Connor silently scoffed in disgust as she got up. "Bye Con Con" she called before running off to her friend.

As soon as Bethany was out of hearing distance, Troye turned to Connor. "Alright, what the fuck happened?"

"Nothing" Connor silently replied, looking down at his untouched food.

"Bullshit. You've been acting weird ever since Bethany talked to you. You barely talked to me and you haven't touched your food. What's up?" At first, Troye has irritation in his voice, but as his sentence progressed he had pure concern evident.

"It's just. Your fucking fake girlfriend is a bitch" he spoke, never looking up.

"Tell me something I don't know" he scoffed. "What'd she say to you?"

Connor was silent, he was trying to figure out how the phrase it exactly without sounding like an ass.

"She just. Ugh" Connor pulled on his hair in frustration. "She- we were in the hallway and she just- she basically told me to back off because she's your girlfriend?" Troye stayed silent, confused as Connor told the Story. "She says that- I don't know- something about the way you look at me? I tell you - she's crazy. But anyways, long story short she's fucking jealous of me and told me to back off."

"But I'm gay? We're not actually dating?" Troye chimed in, still confused as to why Bethany would say such things.

"That's what I said!" Connor exclaimed. "And she said 'not for long' and that you'll be dating in a matter of days." Connor huffed, glad to get this off of his chest.

"She disgust me" Troye muttered under his breath. "She's just- UGH. I'm sorry, Con. Don't listen to her" Troye placed his hand on Connors shoulder In attempt to reassure him.

What scared him most is what Bethany had said about how he looked at Connor. Was the way he looked at Connor the way someone looked at their significant other?

What does all of this mean? Troye was piecing together the puzzle in his head.

Suddenly, as he was rubbing Connors back soothingly, he came to a realization.

The way he thought about Connor. The way those words just escaped his lips like that the other day. The way he always wanted Connor to be happy. The way he always preferred Connor to be happy over him.

He was crushing on Connor.

--
A/N

Whose your favorite Author because they are witting this on their phone as they're sitting on the beach?

That's right, me

So ignore spelling errors made by auto correct

I love and care for all of you so fucking much

Love you, lovies xx