Chapter 10

After an hour or so in hair and makeup, Troye and Bethany were ready for their date.  Troye didn't want to do anything too crazy, so he thought just a stroll in the park with some ice cream would be ideal – even if it wasn't with Connor.

"Troye!" Emma called out,  running to catch up with Troye. "Mr. Chapman has some things for you to do on your date"

"I don't need them, Emma. We're just going to get some ice cream."

"Alright, that's fine but you have to-" She paused. "Troye, I'm sorry he's putting you through all this." She sighed. "But when you guys are in the ice cream shop or on the street, I don't care where, but when you know there are cameras watching you – you gotta kiss her"

"Emma..." Troye trailed off.

"Mr. Chapman said so" She seemed scared to relay the news on Troye. She only wanted the best for him, but she had to stay on Jim's good side in order to keep Troye signed to Chapman records.

Before Emma could say anything else, Troye took off down the hallway, towards Jim's office.

"Mr. Mellet?" A young female voice called out. "Where are you off to?"

"I need to have a word with your boyfriend, Ms.Burr" Troye snapped, trying to contain his anger.

"Oh he's in his office." She replied, now scared by Troye's mood.  Troye rushed past Tanya and continued into Jims office.

"Ah, Mr. Me-" Troye immediately interrupted him.

"What the fuck Jim? I have to kiss her?"

"Yes bu-"

"We agreed that I can only do things that make me comfortable! Kissing Bethany is not comfortable!"

"Troye it will -"

"Will what? Be good for publicity? In case you're wondering, I'm fucking gay. I don't care about publicity! I care about being open and honest with my fans!" If Troye could, he would walk out right now and never come back to this damn label.

"Troye, I promise – there will be a day where you can do that. Today is just not that day. Now go out, get some damn ice cream and kiss her!" Jim gestured towards the office door, signaling for Troye to get out and leave.  Troye nodded his head in defeat and walked out, only to be greeted by the one person he wish he wasn't with.

"Hey Troye!" Bethany yelped, standing on her tip-toes to leave a small kiss on the Australians cheek.

"Bethany, if we aren't in public then don't do all the cute romantic shit, please." Troye stated in a monotone voice, walking down the hallway with a pout.

"Okay..." She trailed. "So where are we going on our 'date'" she asked, using air-quotes around the word 'date.'