Chapter 26

The rest of the day went by slow as hell, all Troye wanted to do was finish recording and go find Connor. He needed to talk things out with Connor before school tomorrow, or else things would get awkward as hell.

Finally, once he was finished with recording, he busted out of the studio and walked around the halls, frantically trying to find the boy who broke his heart. As much as Troye hated to admit it, it was just as much his fault as it was Connor's, and they needed to fix their issues.

Once he was sure he did a sweep of the entire floor, he set off to find Zoe in the make-up room, hoping she would have an idea of where Connor was. Sure enough, Zoe was where Troye figured she would be.

"Zo! Have you seen Connor? I have to make things right" Troye stated, shocking Zoe with his sudden burst of energy.

"Connor? He left about 2 hours ago. He said something about not feeling well..." Zoe trailed off. "Why?"

'Shit" Troye leaned against the door frame and put his hands through his hair. "Shit" he called out again. "I screwed up, Zoe. I needed to talk to him before school tomorrow. I just... Shit" Troye let out a huff of frustration as he pulled out his phone. He shot a quick text to Connor, begging him to call Troye, which they both knew damn well wasn't going to happen.

So, Troye did the only thing he could think of, get in his car and drive home. In his car ride home, Troye couldn't help but think about Connor, about the argument they had. Connor's last words to Troye were "I'll be okay"

I'll be okay

The words repeated in Troye's mind, but he couldn't believe them. Those 3 words Connor had spoken were a lie. Troye knew Connor well enough to know that, no, Connor will not be okay. Troye left Connor with nobody to talk to, nobody to call. Troye left Connor, and he was the only thing Connor had.

Not to mention, his health seemed completely fine when they talked earlier that afternoon. Yet, Connor went home because he didn't feel good? It didn't make sense to Troye. It didn't add up.

So, without any further thinking, Troye started to take the well-known route to Connor's home. Even if Connor hated his guts, he had to make sure he was okay, he had to make sure that Connor wasn't doing anything he'd regret.

After what seemed like forever, Troye finally arrived at Connor's house. He had locked his car doors and started towards Connor's apartment. Fear and nerves taking over him. "Please be okay, please be okay" Troye repeated over and over as he approached the door.

With a slight push, the door began to open, revealing Connor's rundown apartment behind it. "Connah?" He called out, hoping he'd hear a reply. Nothing.

Troye walked further into the apartment, shutting the door behind him. He walked into the kitchen, nothing. He walked into the living room. Silence. Then he decided on a bold move and walked over to the bedroom.

Right before Troye pushed the door open, he heard the muffled sobs of Connor coming from the other end. So with no further hesitation, he pushed open the bedroom door and immediately made his way to Connor's side.

Connor was curved in a fetal position on his bed, sobbing into his pillow. His hair was a mess and even though his eyes were closed, you could tell they were draped with tiredness. Troye hated seeing Connor like this, he wanted nothing more than to embrace him in a hug, so that's exactly what he did. He tenderly wrapped his arms around the crying figure and pulled him closer, startling him.

"tr-Troye?" Connor whimpered out, making sure that it was the Australian boy and not some weird ass axe murderer here to kill him.

"Yes, Connor. It's me" Troye whispered, playing with the boys hair as they embraced. "I'm so so so sorry, connor. I'm an idiot"

Connor tried to pull away, but Troye only held him tighter. "You already apologized, Troye."

"I know, but then I realized how much of an idiot I am" Troye whispered. "I left you alone. I was the only person you had, and I left you. I'm such a dick, I'm so sorry Connor.

"Troye"

"Connor, I promised you that I would always be here when you feel lonely, so here I am. I'm the one that caused this mess, so I need to be the one to take us out of it." Troye finally released his grip on Connor, allowing the both of them to pull away. Troye brought his hands from the back of Connor's head to his face, slowly wiping away the tears falling form his eyes. "I realized how fucking much I need you" Troye started "then I realized how fucking much you need me" A slight smile formed on Troye's lips as the first tear began to fall from his eyes.

"And I understand if you don't want to take me back, because hell, I wouldn't even want to take me back" Troye chuckled. "I was a dick to you, and nobody deserves a boyfriend who's a dick to them, but I did make a promise and I intend to keep it. SO please, at least let me be your friend so I can always be there for you"

The room fell silent, neither boy knowing what to say or do at this point. That is, until Connor spoke up.

"Like you said, you need me and I need you" Connor sighed. "And honestly, the only way I'll truly be happy with fulfilling that need is to be with you. To be able to kiss and hug you whenever I want. That's what I need. That's what I want"

"Then that's what you'll get" Troye smiled brightly, pulling Connor into a tight hug. After they released each other, Troye grabbed Connor's face and subtly smashed their lips together.

This kiss was unlike any others. Of course, all their previous kisses have been amazing; this one set the bar at an all-time high. There was nothing like a forgiveness kiss, it was truly remarkable. Once they finally broke away, they rested their foreheads on each other's. "I like to keep my promises, Connor Franta"

"I'm glad you do" Connor chuckled. "And I know I said I want to be able to kiss you whenever I want, I may have been exaggerating. I kinda want to keep it on the DL around school and the media if that's okay with you"

"of course, my love. Anything for you"

__

A/N

There. They're together again, happy?

Anywho idk when the next time I'll update will be. It's going to either be tomorrow, Thursday (????), or Monday. We'll see.

Love you lovies xx

2:%I