Chapter 19

When Troye walked into school the next day, he noticed a dramatic change in atmosphere, mostly because people were coming from every direction congratulating him or giving him a high five. He was insanely happy to be in a community where mostly everybody was so accepting – it really made him proud of his decision to come out.

As he finally got through the congratulating crowd, he spotted the brown haired boy with green eyes.

"Hey Connah!" Troye called out, his accent evident as he stated the boys name.

"Hey Troye boy" Connor laughed. "So. What's it like to finally be out of the closet?" It was clear Connor was mildly upset at the fact that he didn't have a proper coming out – more or less Bethany just outed him.

"It's weird knowing that everybody knows this secret I've been hiding for so long – but in a way, it's comforting, ya know?" Troye mentally slapped himself after realizing what he just said. Of course Connor doesn't know how it feels – Connor was outed and everybody found out against his will. None of that is comforting. "I mean, well, you –"

"Troye, relax. It's fine. I understand where you're getting at" Connor chuckled, turning into the classroom and walking to his seat in the back – Troye not trailing far behind.

"Do you mind if we pop by the studio after school? I want to see how everything's going with Jim" Troye asked, breaking the topic.

You see, after Troye created his plan for letting out his true feelings, he realized neither Troye or Connor had to be in the studio that day – and Troye being the way he is – he wanted the studio to be the place he tells Connor. Why? Nobody knows, not even Troye.

"Sure, but do you think we'll take long? I still gotta run to the store and get my swimming stuff for swim practice." Troye smiled at the thought of Connor swimming – more or less Connor shirtless, but you get the point.

"Yeah sure, we can just stop off at the store afterwards. No biggie" Troye smiled, lightly tapping his pencil as more kids filled the room.

"Awesome thanks. Yeah I just need to pick up a couple things like a sw-" Connor was soon cut off my the teacher.

"Mr.Franta! Mr.Mellet! The bell has rung, please be quiet" The teacher called out, making the two boys blush and the other kids in the room to turn and slightly chuckle. Both boys turned to face the front of the room as the teacher rambled on about some sort of equation that they'd need to know for the test.

"Also" Connor whispered, slightly leaning over so Troye could hear. "we need to stop off at my place before we hit the store – I forgot my wallet"

"Nonsense, I'll but it for you an-" Troye started to say, yet didn't have a chance to finish before Connor started speaking.

"Troye, I don't need you buying everything for me. I can buy things, I'm not 100% broke"

"You didn't let me finish. I said I would buy it and you could just pay me back once I dropped you off at your house, that way we're not going too many places"

"Oh alri-" and yet again, he was cut off my the teacher.

"Troye and Connor, You can continue your conversation in detention after school today." She huffed, turning around to face the front board and continue to write down the equation.

"Well shit" Connor slightly chuckled. "Guess that put a damper on our plans"

Troye just nodded in response, knowing Connor was completely right. Not only did it put a damper in Connor's plans, but Troye's as well. There wouldn't be enough time to go down to the studio and tell Connor.