Chapter 21

It was so delicate, so light, so quick, but it still had the power to make Troye melt inside. After Connor pulled away from the underwater kiss, both boys shot back up to catch their breath. Troye looked directly at Connor, his eyes widened in surprise, but his lips curled into a smile.

"That was weird. I'm sorry" Connor breathed out, never looking back up at Troye. Troye cocked his head to the side and took off his goggles.

"Hey," Troye started, taking his fingers under Connor's chin, slightly pushing his head to look up at Troye. "Look at me." Troye smiled, grabbing ahold of Connor's goggles and taking them off of his head. "That wasn't weird. Don't be sorry" Troye smiled, wiping Connors wet hair out of his face.

"But I'm fucking with your emotions." Connor started, never breaking eye contact with Troye. "One minute, you're so certain of your feelings towards me, then I stomp on your heart by lying to you and saying I don't like you. And then this? I'm so so-"

"Wait" Troye held up his hand, signaling for Connor to stop talking. "What you said in detention? You were lying?" a smiled began to twitch on Troye's face.

"Well, yeah. I thought the whole 'underwater kiss' sorta explained that" Connor chuckled, but his smile slowly faded as he took his bottom lip between his teeth. "But really, I'm sorry for messing with your emotions"

"Listen," Troye placed his finger under Connor's lip, slightly pulling it down so it's no longer between his teeth. "The past has happened. Focus on now. Look where we are now, just the two of us alone in a pool after an amazing 5 second underwater kiss. I don't mind what you did in the past, Connor." Troye smiled. "Now, let's get you home because I have a shit load of work to do in the studio. "

"actually, can you just drive me to the studio? I forgot some work there that I'd like to take home." Connor mentioned, swimming to the ladder and pulling himself out of the pool. "Also, I have some extra clothes in my locker for you" Connor held out his hand to Troye, who gratefully took it as Connor pulled him out of the pool.

"You planned this whole thing, didn't you?" Troye chuckled, releasing Connor's hand as soon as he was on his feet again.

"Maybe" Connor smirked, walking over to his locker and doing the combination. "Here" Connor turned around throwing Troye a gray sweater, black jeans, and even boxers. "These should fit you" Troye smiled, but stayed exactly where he was.

This entire time Connor has been in his Speedo, but damn something about the dark lighting of the locker room and the water dripping down Connor's chest made Connor look hotter than he already is.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" Connor smirked, turning around. Troye chuckled and walked over to the bathroom stalls so he could change.

After both boys had changed into Connor's clothes, Troye collected his keys and such from Connor's shoe and they headed out to the parking lot.

"The sunset is so beautiful" Connor commented as they walked into the parking lot. "Golden hour"

"I've always found the sunset so peaceful." Troye smiled, pressing the unlock button on his car keys. He climbed into the driver's side as Connor climbed into the passenger's side of the car. "I should be about an hour or so, is that cool?"

"yeah, I'll just do work or whatever in the meeting room" Connor smiled, looking outside of the window at the passing cars going by. Being in a car, weirdly, relaxes Connor. He likes looking at the scenery, even though a car is the very thing that killed his family. He only has a problem with driving. He hate's driving, considering he gets easily distracted –which doesn't end too well. Connor started to tense up at the thought of his family, making him take a deep breath to relax.