Chapter 16

"Mr. Mellet! You're late again." Jim called out as Troye approached his seat in the meeting room.

"sorry" he mumbled. "Some asshole started a rumor at school about Connor and he's been a mess all day" Troye looked over to Bethany, who was picking at her nails like she heard nothing.

"Connor? Like the intern Connor?" Tanya questioned Troye, which made her gain a glare from Jim. "What was it about?"

"He was basically outed to the entire school – then people said he's trying to get between me and Bethany. I don't know it's so complicated and I feel really bad for him."

"Do you have any idea who started it?" She questioned one last time.

"Yeah" Troye looked directly at Bethany, whose cheeks were a hint of pink. "I have a pretty good idea."

"Let's not get into this now" Bethany chimed in, flashing an innocent smile. "We have a meeting"

Troye didn't really pay attention to the first half of the meeting since it was directed strictly towards Bethany, so instead he texted Connor.

To: Connie

u okay?

From: Connie

Tbh, just a little upset over everything – thankfully I haven't gotten any shit over it. Aren't you in a meeting?

To: Connie

Yeah. I'll text you when I'm done & we can hang out or something.

From: Connie

Sounds like a plan xx

"Troye?" a female voice called out. "We're going to give you questions that they might ask you on the show, we need you to rehearse these answers." Emma smiled, handing Troye a stack of 6 notecards, which all had questions and answers on them.

Troye took the note cards and read through them.

How did you and Bethany meet?

We met in the studio. I heard her singing in one of the booths and I just had to see who held that beauty in their voice.

Bullshit.

Tell us about Bethany.

She has a heart of gold and wouldn't dare hurt a fly. She's incredibly caring and is always there for me when I need her.

Lies.

Are you and Bethany a thing?

Yes. We've been dating for about 3 months or so.

And the questions went on from there. They were all lies, every single one of them – which made Troye considerably upset. Is it so hard for him to be honest with his fans? I mean really?

All throughout the meeting, Troye kept re-reading the cards and sighing. He didn't want to say these answers, nor did he even want to go on the Tonight show if it meant lying to his millions of fans watching him.

"Jim?" Troye interrupted. "Why are you making me lie to the fans all the time?"

Jim seemed to have a startled face at first, but then it softened momentarily. "Troye, I already explained this to you. It's for publicity."

"I don't care about publicity! I have enough of that! I care about being loyal to my fans, what part of that don't you see?"

"Troye, you'll be able to tell your fans the truth one day."

"And do what? Say everything they think they know about me is a lie? Jim, I'm sick of this!" Troye called out, crossing his arms.

"I'm sorry Troye, but you have to listen to me. I know what's best for you" And as quickly as that conversation started, it had ended with Jim turning back to Tanya and telling her the plans for the show tomorrow.

Since the show was all pre-recorded – Troye got to skip school in order to be ready and down by the Tonight Show studio at noon exactly – which he wasn't too thrilled about to be honest.

After the meeting, Troye had found his way to the staff kitchen within the label – and to his surprise he found Connor at the coffee machine. "hey Con" Troye sighed as he opened the fridge, taking a look at what treats he could come across.

"Hey Tro. How was the meeting?" Connor questioned, stirring his coffee with a straw as he awaited the answer. In reply, Troye let out a groan. "that bad, huh?" Connor questioned, walking to the little table in the center of the room.

"Yeah. They gave me possible questions that I'll be asked and I had to rehearse the answers, which means even more lying" Troye placed his head in his hands as he propped his elbows on the table.

Connor always assumed that the life of a superstar would be amazing. Millions of people knowing who you are, people paying to see you, everything you want at your fingertips – its glorious. But oh was Connor wrong. They had to deal with fake articles, rumors, candids, and even – like in troyes case – annoying management.

"I'm sorry" Connor sighed. "I can only Imagine how hard it must be." He placed a hand on Troyes back, rubbing soft circles in attempt to soothe the boy. But little did he know, he only made Troye freak out even more. Because the simplest of touches could make Troye's heart flutter.

"it's not your fault." He paused. "do you maybe want to come to the show tomorrow? You know – moral support?"

"if that's what you want, sure. I'd love to" Connor smiled, making Troyes heart flutter yet again.

The two friends made their way out of the kitchen and down the hall, talking about anything and everything. As they walked, Troye couldn't help but notice how much he enjoyed watching Connor talk with such enthusiasm. It was incredibly cute.

As they walked, Troye continued to stare at Connor, taking in the beauty of his flat quaff and green eyes. They might not be dating, but Troye was sure as hell lucky to have found a friend like Connor. Somebody who Troye can look up to and talk to if he has any problems – and he couldn't be more thankful.

"-asked me out." Troye broke out of his trance as he heard Connor speak those three words.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry Con I wasn't listening, I was too deep in my thoughts. What'd you say?" Troye stumbled out, trying to hide his nerves in hopes that it wasn't what he thought it was.

Connor laughed. "I said that all day, fuckboys came to make fun of me – and a majority of them asked me out for kicks and giggles. It was really annoying and I hate them all" Connor sighed out.

"Well at least you know that I'll never make fun of you" Troye tried to cheer up, but epically failing.

"I mean, yeah. You're a great friend for that."

"as are you, Connor. As are you"

__

A/N

Holy filler

This sucked and I'm sorry I just needed a chapter before the tonight show

Okay and new cover.... Tell me your opinions?

Love you lovies xx

P.S Connir and triye ;) 

P.P.S ^^ inside joke between some readers and myself, don;t worry if you don't get it. 

okay for real, bye ily xx