Chapter 35

After school, Troye and Connor both agreed that it would be a good idea to go to the record label and discuss what is going to happen next – as far as the whole 'getting outed' thing goes. As much as Troye did not want to face Jim and his stupid ideas, it was basically the only option.

Once they arrived, they were immediately pulled into the regular meeting room. In there sat Jim, Tanya, Emma, Bethany, and of course, Troye and Connor. As Troye and Connor sat down, he saw a look of disappointment on everybody's face.

"What were you thinking?" Jim broke the silence, never looking up from the screen on the wall that displayed the image, earlier taken by Bethany. "This is unbelievable. I can't believe you'd do this"

"Jim, I-" Troye started, only to be cut off.

"No you, Mellet. Bethany." He looked up at Bethany, definitely disappointed. "To go and post something like this? It could ruin Troye's career, and even yours, Bethany. And I know for a damn fact that you didn't get their consent" Jim pointed to the boys, eyes never leaving the blushing Bethany.

"Mr. Chapman. But, um, hey what about publicity? I'm sure to have caught some publicity from that!" Bethany defended as Troye snickered. He knew exactly what Bethany was trying to do. She was trying to kiss up to Jim by using something he usually wants.

"Yes, you have, Bethany." He smiled, which instantly dropped. "But not the good kind" He proceeded to change the image shown on the screen to an image of several news articles and tweets, every single one of them giving shit to Bethany for displaying something like this.

"I didn't think... I mean. Shouldn't they love me? I gave them what they wanted, what they all wanted!" She shouted, gesturing to Troye and Connor.

Troye noticed how tense Connor was, and he wish there was something more he could do than hold his hand, but there wasn't. Not now at least.

"Yeah, but think about it. Troye's fake ex-girlfriend posting pictures of Troye kissing some boy? That's not good!" Tanya chimed in, causing Connor's face to drop at the words 'Some Boy.'

Silence. Everybody was silent, only the sounds of breathing could be heard. Bethany knew she had fucked up, everybody indirectly told her.

Troye looked over to Connor. He had a sad expression on his face the entire time, never looking up from their entangled hands. Everything had to be so complicated.

"I want you to go home, Bethany. Take a break and go home" Jim stated, breaking the silence. Shockingly, Bethany just nodded and walked out of the room – never saying another word. "as for you two" Jim started, looking over to the boys with intertwined fingers . "I'm Sorry all of this had to happen. I know you wanted your privacy"

Connor gave Jim a genuine smile as he mumbled a 'thank you', whereas Troye just continued the conversation on. "What now?"

"Well, you have a few options" Emma started, taking over as Troye's manager to help him out. "You can stay silent about the whole thing, you can make a video explaining everything, you can tweet something, or you can-"

"What if we make a video?" Troye questioned, more directed towards Connor than Emma. "We can make a video, I can do all the talking of course, and I just explain everything to my fans. " Connor looked skeptical.

He's never been one to put himself out there. Of course, before everything had happened, he had a good amount of friends, a girlfriend, and all around many people to talk to – but he's never actually put himself out there for everybody to notice. He didn't mind only being noticed by a few people, to only one person. But now? Now he was going to be noticed by people all over the world.

Fans of Troye are going to know who "Connor Franta" is. He's going to go from a complete nobody to a somebody in a matter of seconds.

And it wasn't just that. He was nervous. Relationships shared online don't last long. Connor really likes Troye and want's this relationship to last, but since it's being shared online, that might not happen. That scared Connor, and Troye knew that.

But there was nothing he could do now, is there?

So, Connor looked at Troye and agreed on the video, praying that it won't make their relationship fail.

__

"Hey what's up you guys? It is Troye Sivan and I guess I have some explaining to do..." Troye and Connor we back at Troye's as they watched the video playing on Troye's laptop screen once more before he tweeted it out to the world.

"Earlier today, a picture had been posted to Twitter. I was there as it was posted, however I did not give that person my consent. Now, by no means does this mean I want you to send hate to her, because she doesn't deserve that. Nobody does. But since it was posted online for millions of people to see with no going back, I guess I need to talk about what you saw."

"Yes, that man in the picture is my boyfriend, and yes, we are kissing." Troye squeezed Connor's hand as he came into the frame. On the video, he was tense and blushy, but he was soon relaxed as Troye took his hand. "Connor and I met about 4 months ago in a small café, we decided to date almost 2 months ago"

"Now, I won't go into Connor's past or give you any information other than the fact that he's my boyfriend and we're really happy together. I do ask you guys to respect him as you would me, and respect our privacy. If you see us together out in public, don't take picture of us kissing or hugging. Just politely ask for a selfie or something" Connor laughed a bit, looking over at Troye and kissing him on the cheek as they continued to watch the video.

"Anything to add, Connor?" Troye in the video questioned, looking at the boy lovingly.

"Uh yeah... I, um, I'm both scared and relieved that we finally came out. And I'd just like to thank you all in advanced for, um, for supporting us. An-and I know Tro-Troye loves you a lot, s-so th-that really me-means a lot to us"

In the video, Troye looked over to the stuttering mess that is Connor, and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "I do love you guys a lot, and I hope you don't mind sharing a bit of that love" and with that, the video ended.

Troye clicked the 'post' button, sending the video out into the world for everybody to see. He closed his laptop and turned off his phone, giving all his attention to Connor. "Now we can hold hand's in public" Troye pointed out, tightening the grip on Connor's hand.

"and cuddle" Connor added, burying his face in Troye's chest.

"and best of all?" Troye reached under Connor's chin, pulling his head up so he had full access to his lips. "Kiss" Connor giggled as the two boys lean in, connecting their lips.

They knew the risk of their relationship failing, and they were both deeply afraid. But they knew, deep down, that they had nothing to worry about. This was a true, genuine, lasting relationship.

__

A/N

Hello lovely people.

Aight, so listen. I'm not going to be able to update for the next 10-ish days... I KNOW I'm SORRY.

I might be able to sneak in a chapter here and there, but no promises. So, let this hold you down for a bit.

But in a way, it's also good because in like a couple of chapter I need a new Troye song in order for things to work out and have a smooth ending. So yeah, hopefully Troye releases music soon idkidkidk

Love you lovies, and see you in 10ish days xx