Chapter 31

Connor hadn't realized how long he was looking at Troye's diary for, because before he knew it, the door to the bedroom swung open - revealing a worn out Troye.  Connor scrambled to hide the Diary under the bedsheets as Troye walked further into the room.

"You're up." Troye smiled, throwing his jacket and keys on the desk chair. "Marcus and I carried you up here before I left" Troye made his way over to his boyfriend and sat down next to him. "You seemed really tired, babe. Why don't you head back to bed?"

"Okay" Connor sighed, getting comfortable in Troye's bed. "But before I do, I wanted to tell you something."

"Oh?" Troye stopped what he was doing and turned to Connor, giving him his full attention.

"You know how we're doing this whole 'no secret thing'?" Connor asked, hoping that maybe he could break Troye into telling him what the secret he was writing about is. Troye looked a bit nervous as Connor spoke those words, but he nodded his head all the same.  "Well, I have a secret that - I guess - I should tell you, that way I'm 100 percent secret free"  Troye gave Connor a look, signaling him to go on and tell Troye what the secret is.

Connors entire plan was to tell Troye something that wasn't really a secret, more or less a lesser known fact about him - in hopes that Troye will crack and admit that he too has a secret.

"You know that waitress, Grace Anne?" Connor started playing with the blanket as he spoke. "Her and I use to date. And I know this isn't truly a big secret, but now I'm secret free" Connor smirked, and the funny thing was - he wasn't lying at all. He was telling the truth in order to get Troye to tell the truth.

"I already knew that, silly" Troye laughed, messing up Connor's hair as he spoke.  Troye got out of the bed and made his way to the closet, and began the process of getting his pajamas on.

'So, do you have any secrets to tell me, Troye?" If Troye denies that he does, Connor is going to have to pull out the big guns and tell him he did some snooping.

"n-no" Troye hesitated, as he began to unbutton his shit. "secret free, remember?" Connor rolled his eyes and looked at Troye - he wouldn't crack.

"Can I ask you something?" Connor asked, never giving Troye the time to answer. "Why are you lying to me?" Troye was about to retaliate, tell him that he wasn't lying - that is until he turned around to see Connor holding up his diary.

"Connor..." Troye warned, narrowing his eyes at the boy. "Where'd you get that?"

Connor didn't answer, instead he began to recite the words on the page; "Entry 29; Dear Diary, Label me the world's worst boyfriend" Connor began.

"Connor... stop" Troye warned a second time, but instead Connor kept going.

"Connor and I had just been watching Netflix downstairs, so I took the time to talk to him about how much he means to me. How much I trust him" Course, it was funny seeing connor reading about trust even though he betrayed Troyes and looked through his Diary.

"Connor please" Troye begged, walking over to the boy.

"Troye wait, this is my favorite part: He then stated that we have to be secret free, which I would be totally okay with if I didn't have a secret of my own" Then, Connor slammed the journal shut and looked at Troye. "Secret of my own? Troye?"

'Connor please... It's not that big of a deal. Don't worry about it" Troye tried to reassure Connor, but ultimately he failed.

"Don't worry about it? Troye, it says that I was going to be heartbroken! It says that you'd be the worst boyfriend ever! Explain that"