Chapter 7

"Troye aren't you hungry?" Connor questioned as he sat down next to Troye in the lunch room.

"Not really. I'm stressed, and when I'm stressed, I don't get that hungry. It's weird" Troye sighed out, tapping his pencil to his notebook. The frustration was growing on Troye, according to Alfie, Troye can't get the 5 lines of Talk Me Down perfected, no matter how hard he tries.

"Is it that stupid song again?" Connor asked, raising an eyebrow in Troye's direction.

"Yeah. Alfie and I have two different ways of viewing how it should sound, and it's really bugging me"  Connor looked at Troye before taking the notebook out of the boy's hands.

"But I want to sleep next to you" Connor spoke, reading the words off the page. "And that's all I want to do right now." Troye looked at Connor in confusion as he continued to read the words. "And I wanna come home to you" Connor paused before continuing. "But home is just a room full of my safest sounds. So come over now and talk me down."

"Yeah, I want to keep those lyrics, but I can't find the perfect tempo." Troye sighed in frustration as Connor took a bite of his sandwich.

"Well when I heard you sing it in the booth, you had a faster tempo, correct?"

"Well, Yeah but Alfi-"

"Shush about Alfie" Connor laughed. "What if you made the song have a slower tempo. Hold out some of the notes, add some pauses here and there."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean. When you say 'And that's all I want to do right now' hold out the word 'all' that way, when you change the tempo, it matches up with 'but home is just a room full of my safest sounds'"

"Connor you're confusing me" Troye chuckled, shaking his head slightly.

"And put like a 3 second pause between 'come over now' and 'and talk me down'" Connor continued. "It might not be perfect, but you can still present it to Alfie."

"Literally Connor, you're making no sense. I need an example." Troye was too stressed to even understand a single word Connor had just spoke, he just needed to hear It for himself"

"I don't sing well, so don't judge."  Connor cleared his throat before starting to sing.

 "But I wanna sleep next to you,

And that's allllllllll I wanna do right now.

And I wanna come home to you,

But home is just a room full of my safest sounds.

So come over now...

And talk me down"

Troye smiled at Connor, sure he didn't have an amazing and angelic voice, but he had an amazing idea for Troye's song.

"Connor that's actually amazing, thank you" Troye smiled, giving Connor a quick hug. "After school, I'm definitely going to present this to Alfie and see what he thinks."