Chapter 32

"I'm falling for you" Troye stated in a tone, so delicate and pure. It was four simple words that had Troye scared for his life and Connor heart beating a mile a minute. "I know it's too early for this, Connor. So I don't expect you to return the feelings. That's why I wanted it to stay a secret, ya know?"

Connor started to feel that feeling of guilt again as he realized he pushed Troye to announce his feelings like that. Troye could've kept it a secret, hell he could've kept a lot a secret but Connor had to be a nosey bitch and go through Troye's diary. "Troye..."

"No don't say anything, Connor. It's aright if you don't return those feelings. I'm an over dramatic guy who tends to catch feelings too quick. It's okay. I understand" Troye reassured Connor by placing a hand on his shoulder and giving him the most genuine smile. He was truly understanding, and that's what Connor admired so much.

"Thank you, Troye"  Connor smiled back, pulling Troye closer into a hug. "You understand me so well" Just as they pulled apart from their hug, the lights in Troye's bedroom started to flicker.

"Oh no" Troye muffled out, making his way to the nearby window. "No no no" he cried as he saw the rain patter on his window.

"Troye? What's wrong?" Connor inquired, walking over to Troye.  He could tell there was something off about his mood, and it wasn't due to the fact that he just spilled a great secret to Connor.

"Storms. I don't like storms at all" Troye whispered as he continued to look out in the LA sky, watching as the thunder cloud rolled in. "Storms, the dark, and tunnels are my greatest fears" he muttered, turning his back to the window.  Connor watched as the fearful blue eyed boy talked about his irrational fears of the rolling thunder clouds accompanied by rain and lightning. He went into detail about how once he was traveling down south through the mountains of Tennessee and how he and his crew had to travel through a tunnel in the middle of the night while it was storming - to say he was scared was an understatement.

Connor listened and comforted Troye as the thunder rolled in, creating loud sounds that shook the house.  Connor was the opposite of Troye - he loved the rain, especially in the dry air of LA. It was always a nice refresher; it calmed Connor down whenever he was having a bad day.

With every crack of thunder that broke, Troye jumped a bit, which made Connor frown. He wanted to help Troye, but with the thunder it was nearly impossible. That is, until he came up with an idea.

"Con where are you going?" Troye questioned as Connor took his hand off of Troye's back and walked over to his phone. Connor ignored the boy as he plugged his phone into the speakers, picking out his favorite Spotify playlist and turning the volume up high.

"If the thunder won't stop, then at least we can drown it out with music." Connor smiled, pressing play. The two boys began to smile as they could no longer hear the storm just outside the window. They danced around to anything and everything from Zedd to Oh Wonder. It didn't matter, as long as they could drown out the sound.

Troye grabbed Connor's hands as they bgan to bounce up and down to the tune of Connor's playlist.

"Thank you!" Troye yelled over the music, losing himself in a fit of laughter. "This is helping a lot!"

"You're welcome!" Connor yelled back in reply. "I don't like seeing you scared!"

"What?!" Troye called out, unable to hear Connor over the collided sound of the thunder increasing in volume and the music.

"I said!" Connor yelled out, taking his hands out of Troye's grasp so he could cup it around his own mouth to amplify the sound "I don't like seeing you-" and right before he could finish his sentence, the boys heard a loud crack, followed by darkness and nothing but the sound of rain pattering on the window. "...scared" he finished.