Chapter 6

"Now to pop culture!" the lady on Connor's little television spoke. "Teen sensation, Troye Sivan recently came out with some big news" The sound of Troye's name being announced caused Connor to perk up and look at the screen "There has been rumors about Sivans recent relationships.." The lady continued to talk as Connor turned up the volume to his tiny television set. "But yesterday afternoon, Sivan had set the rumors straight by posting this photo of himself and alleged girlfriend, Bethany Mota."

The picture had popped up on the screen, causing Connor to gasp in complete shock. "He posted this photo on twitter with the caption 'I'm a lucky guy'" The news caster continued. "The reactions of the fans were nothing short of supportive. 'I'm lucky to have such an amazing fanbase. They're all so supportive of what I do and I love every single one of them' says Sivan" Connor immediately felt bad for Troye, he knew how much Troye didn't want to lie to his fans. The entire situation was fucked up from the beginning.

Without thinking, Connor pulled out his phone and quickly texted the star.

To: Troye

Troye..? How you doing?

He waited for a couple of minutes as he saw the three dots dance on his screen, signaling Troye was typing.

From: Troye

You saw... Didn't you?

Connor didn't want to carry on the conversation over text, so he decided it would just be better to call Troye himself, hopefully a little one-on-one would help Troye.

"Hello?" The voice on the other end spoke up, sounding exhausted and drained.

"Hey Troye. So I saw that you and Bethany..." Connor trailed up, not wanting to say the rest of it.

"Yeah. I just hate lying to the fans. Everything has to be about publicity, but I just want to be open and honest about it." The voice on the other phone sounded drained and frustrated. Connor couldn't even being to imagine how stressful Troye's life must be.

Connor could truly tell how much Troye adored his fans. Troye really did want the best for them, and lying wasn't going to do the trick.

"I wish I could say I understand, Troye. I really do" Connor sighed into the phone. "But for now you just got to keep your head up and know that better days are coming for you"

A slight chuckled escaped from Troye's end of the line. "You always know what to say, don't you Franta?"

"I guess you could say that, yeah"

__

After his short talk with Troye on the phone, Connor had to go work at the café . As soon as he entered, he noticed how different the atmosphere felt. He looked over at Grace Anne, who did nothing but give him an apologetic smile.