Chapter 37

"I-Important?" Connor stuttered, not having a clue what Troye was going to say to him that could be that important. "What do you mean?"

The nerves started to take over Troye as he realized there's no going back now "I don't know, just important."

Taking the nerves as a bad thing, Connor began to think of the worst case scenarios in his head. What was so important? "What is it? Are you moving? Do you have to leave? Oh god, are you breaking up with me?" The questions came tumbling out of Connor's mouth one by one, which caused Troye's eyes to widen in shock.

"What?" Troye asked, practically shocked that Connor would think such a thing.

"Oh god, you are, aren't you? You're breaking up with me!" Connor exclaimed, eyes widening.

"What the hell, no I'm not, Connor!" Troye reassured, reaching out to grab the older boys hand. "Why would I want to break up with you?"

"Why wouldn't you, Troye? You're Mr. Rich and famous teenage heart-throb and I'm the poor, pathetic, weak, loser. You could be dating somebody with money, somebody who could take you out on romantic dates and vacations." Connor stated, letting the little voice in his head spill out all of his emotions. "I can't do any of those things for you, Troye."

"Connor, listen to me." Troye took his free hand and placed it underneath Connors chin, making him look at Troye. "This isn't about the money. I don't care if you only had one dollar or 1 million dollars. You're not pathetic, you're not weak, and you're not a loser. You're the most beautiful human, Connor" Troye pulled his hand away to grab Connor's other hand.

"Money doesn't matter when it comes to a relationship. I'd rather have someone who genuinely cares about me and loves me for me, not my money, be my boyfriend than somebody who buys me everything and takes advantage of my money." Troye smiled "The fact of the matter is, I'm not breaking up with you"

"You're not?" Connor seemed genuinely shocked that someone like Troye would want to stay with him. "Then what's so important?"

This was it, no going back now. Troye was going to do it. "Remember that night when you found my journal?" Troye questioned, with a guilty looking Connor nodding in response. "And remember how I told you something?"

"Yeah, the thing about the car?" Connor questioned, not knowing where this was going.

"Yeah, but not that. The other thing. Right before the storm hit" Connor started to think back to that night, remembering how terrified Troye was of the storm. It caused him to giggle a bit. But, he had to back track even more.

Then it hit him.

"Yeah, I remember. You said you were f-" Connor started, only to be stopped by Troye.

"Falling for you, yeah." Troye took a deep breath, looking directly into Connor's eyes with the sunset behind him. "Well, I'm afraid I fell, Connor" Troye started to giggle a bit, due to the nerves. This was it, this was really happening.

"Troye..." Connor trailed off, knowing where this was going.

Troye considered backing out and making up some lie. He was nervous, that's for sure. But when he looked at Connor and saw those bright green orbs, his lovely flat hair, and that amazing smile, he knew this was the right thing to do.

Troye was going to do it. It was going to happen, and he knew well that Connor could get up and leave, but that didn't stop him. He wanted to tell Connor. He needed to tell him.

"Connor, I'm in love with you" Troye finally blurted out those words, letting them out into the world. "I'm so in love with you"

Connor sat in silence, his eyes widening in disbelief. "Wh-what? No"

"No?" Troye raised an eyebrow. He confessed his lobe and all he gets is 'No'?

"You can't be in love with me, Troye!" Troye was highly confused at this point. What the hell does he mean? "I don't believe you. I really don't."

"why don't you believe me?"

"Because how could someone like you love me, Troye? I'm stupid old Connor, I'm practically homeless, I have no family, the only friend I have is you, I was outed, the entire school hates me, I get bullied constantly..." Connor trailed off, he began to list off things that he thought would make Troye change his mind. He listed off his flaws, his insecurities, his secrets, everything.

"Connor, whatever you say isn't going to make me change my mind about this! I love you!" Troye interrupted. "it's almost as if you want me to leave."

"Maybe I do!" Connor practically shouted, tears forming in his eyes.

"Why though?" Troye asked, his heart nearly broken.

"Because I'm scared, Troye" Connor breathed out. He took his hand away from Troye's and ran it through his hair. "I'm scared of how beautiful your eyes are. I'm scared of you soft curly brown hair. I'm scared of the butterflies that form in my stomach when you hold my hand. I'm scared of that feeling I get when we hug. I'm scared of how hard it is to wipe off the smile on my face when your fans call us their 'otp.' I'm scared of the sparks ignited when we kiss" Connor started his monologue off with his voice raised, almost like he was ready to fight – but he ended it with a near whisper, only audible to Troye.

Troye knew that Connor didn't want him to leave. Connor needed Troye and Troye needed Connor. He was saying these things because, yeah he was scared, but he wasn't scared of Troye – rather his feelings.

Connor knew Troye wasn't going to leave, he knew his flaws and insecurities will never change his opinion on the boy, because dammit, Troye loved him.

"Connor, I-"

"God dammit, Troye. Don't you see?" Connor interrupted

"Con..." Troye had a feeling he knew where this was heading.

"I fucking love you too"

__

A/N

Hi friends, I'm still on vacation <33

Long time no see? It's been awhile.

I'm still on vacation, but I'll be back home Wednesday so yeah.

I've had an amazing past few nights

Love you lovies xx