Hinanami angst (alternate ending)

this is an alternate version of the last one shot but with a different ending, don't take it too seriously

Chiaki concentrated her mind on moving through the void, as she did this countless thoughts entered her brain telling her that it was a waste of effort and she should give up, that Hajime was never real in the first place, but something changed inside Chiaki's soul and she was no longer living in her mind but her heart, she was moving forward for love.

As the thoughts grew louder, the light grew fainter and time was running out, the closer she got the slimmer her chances seemed to get of making it.

"... Nagito, are you sure no one will see us?"

She clearly heard Hajime's voice this time, it gave her the strength to push harder and before she knew it Chiaki had reached the light and broke out of the void.

A bed of sand cushioned her fall as Chiaki landed on her knees from the momentum. She looked up to see Hajime pressed against a tree with his tongue down Nagito's throat.

The pair hadn't even noticed she'd appeared and were too busy running their hands over each other.

"Hajime?"

Both boys immediately broke apart and gaped at the girl who just appeared on the beach. They continued staring like that for a while, neither of them really knowing what to do before Hajime spoke up, "What the fuck... Chiaki?"

"It's really me, I'm real."

"My talent really is useless, first we get walked in on by Kazuichi and now Chiaki is back from the dead just to interrupt us." Nagito was slowly pushing Hajime back against the tree.

"Wait shouldn't we do something about it like, I don't know, help her?"

"It's someone else's problem, let's get back to what we were doing."

"Okay."

With that they were back to heavily making out while Chiaki was still sat there.

"Um... Hajime?"

But neither of them responded, they were too busy with each other to care.