Chapter 8

It was the morning before your wedding. It was the damn morning before your wedding! Already when the first rays of the sun shone in your face, waking you up, you were wide awake and your pulse was already twice as fast.

Full with joy you wanted to scream, cry, laugh... you wanted to do what there is as an emotion. Since you didn't want to wake up Fire, but somehow you had to get rid of your joy, you started to slowly crawl out of bed.

You were already sitting on the edge of the bed and all you had to do was stand on your feet, then you would have already conquered the first hurdle. Fire was still fast asleep, so you dared to start putting weight on your foots.

You almost made it when the bed started to squeak, you frozen and didn't move a millimeter, hoping Fire wouldn't wake up. You dared to move again when suddenly Fire grabbed you tightly by your waist. You scream out as he pulls you back into bed.

Faster than you could look, you were suddenly under him and he was already holding your arms together over your head. "Where were you going? What were you planning on doing sneaking out of bed?" he grinned romantically as he got close to your face. Your body screamed for him as you softened. You had to concentrate to form a proper sentence in your head to answer his question, while also having to withstand his gaze.

"Don't you want to answer me? Even though we're getting married tomorrow?" Fire played dramatically as he started laughing and dropped down on top of you, snuggling into your arm. His hands quickly found your waist and were already clutching you as he hid his head in your neck. He lay on top of you like a little kid and clung around you like that too. You pet him over the head as he suddenly started purring again. "You ass... how can you fall asleep so fast!" you whisper annoyed to yourself. "I heard that." purred Fire all of a sudden, which made you startle a bit. "Can we have breakfast? I'm hungry!" you grumbled as Fire still didn't move. "How unromantic...fine...if you'll carry me."

You didn't see Fire's face, but you could feel him grinning, to which you rolled your eyes, annoyed but in love. "You're a grown man... go by yourself." You laugh as you spun around and you were now on top of Fire.

You pulled yourself out of his arms and stood up. Before you got to the door you turned to him as he looked at you sourly and crossed his arms like an offended child. "Fire...and I'm supposed to be unromantic.... fine... come here." you gave up as you walked back to the bed. Fire started grinning as you then took him on your back. Piggy back you then walked down to the cafeteria.

His head was on your shoulder as he casually put his arms around your neck. Once in the cafeteria all eyes were immediately on you as you could only smirk. "So Fire... we're he- seriously now!?" you were about to put Fire down when you looked up into his face seeing that he fell back asleep. "Everything good Aice?" Swiss asked you as he laughed from your annoyed look. "I don't know how many times Fire has fallen asleep again today..." you said as you still stood there holding the sleeping baby on your back. "Something like that is typical with FireGhouls, they love to sleep and cuddle especially when there mate is with them." smirked Copia as you then just stood there taking this as a compliment.

"Why don't you bring him up to the room, at least you can eat something too?" suggested Aether to you. "Nah. He's sleeping so sweetly here right now...I'll just stand here." you laugh. But you had to admit how damn cute it was to have Fire lay his head on your shoulder and just sleep there peacefully.

"Do you want me to at least make you something to eat?" Aether then asked you which you answered in the affirmative. So you then ate your breakfast standing there while talking to the others. "And are you already excited about tomorrow?" Copia asked you. "And how!? I'm surprised Fire is still so relaxed." "Fire is totally nervous too. He just doesn't want to admit it." He laugh.

"I'm not nervous...if only a little." Fire's sleepy voice was suddenly beside your ear as he contradicted Copia. "Finally you're awake too." You said putting Fire down as you then grabbed some more food. Sleepily he leaned against you a bit as you then ate breakfast properly.

Back upstairs in your room, you started packing up some clothes. You finally decided to get out of your room after the wedding and really move into Fire's room. A lot of stuff was already in his room, but that was mostly clothes of yours, while the rest stayed here in your room.

At some point you didn't feel like it anymore, so you went back to Fire's room. He was also just packing, because today he is already going to hell with the guys and spends the night in the hotel, because of the wedding tomorrow. "Hey honey." Fire smiled as he was just packing something into his bag. You laid down in his bed as you started to talk a little.

"I was just thinking about it... when you're gone with the guys later, I'll have your whole bed for myself..." you said, as you mentally looked forward to having Fire's bed all by yourself, which was just too convenient. You smiled to yourself as you turned your gaze back to Fire, who was just standing there looking insulting to you. "I don't even know how I'm going to get to sleep at all that night without you..." Fire looked sad as he just closes his bag. "Fire...just admit you're upset." you just laughed as Fire came to snuggle.