Chapter 25

You then wanted to sit down in bed in this room. You sat facing each other while sitting cross-legged.

It was a strange atmosphere, as you tried to talk somehow. Neither of you really knew what to say, but the silence made it even more awkward, as both of you didn't really know how to process the topic of you now being a chosen one.

You felt Air lost in thought at some point as you also thought a little.

Footsteps came closer and a door opened. "Fire you're awake!" Terzo's expression immediately changed to a glow when he saw you awake.

He comes towards you when, just before he stood in front of you, he recoiled. "It's really true..." he said, somewhat speechless not believing what he just saw.

You, of course, immediately realized that Terzo saw your two-tone eyes, which is why you nodded slowly, to his statement. "You really are a chosen one... that... wow..." only now did Air catch him as she turned to him and smiled.

You knew right away though that it wasn't a real smile and she was just putting it on.

Terzo was about to say something when the door opened again and a little later Aether, Mountain and Cirrus were standing in the room. "We heard Terzo's joyful voice through the halls, so we thought we'd come check on you and see how you were doing." Mountain grinned as he explained.

Like Terzo, everyone recoiled when they saw your eyes and were surprised.

They than all grabbed chairs and sat around your bed as you wanted to talked for a bit. Mostly they were interested in the fact that you were now a chosen one and how you were doing with it.

Still wondering yourself, you tried to explain it to them somehow. Air, who was just sitting in front of you, suddenly stood up. "I'm going out into the woods for a while." she said as she exhaled, then disappeared from the room what you hadn't the chance to answer.

It hurt a little in your heart when she had that fake smile on her face again and wanted to get out of here quickly.

"Fire?" Cirrus' voice suddenly reappeared in your head as you disappeared in your thoughts. Briefly you shook your head as you looked to her. "What?" you said, a bit confused. "Is everything okay with Air? She was so reserved? Doesn't she think it's cool that you're a Chosen One too?"

"No... it's probably something else." you looked away from Cirrus as you thought about earlier again. "Can I ask what?" interjected Terzo as he realized that apparently something not so great had happened.

"Air transferred the wind, which prevented me from waking up, to her body. She flew off the bed a bit because of it. I wanted, since I was then fully awake, to her and help her. Only probably I caused panic and anxiety in her. Maybe because it was confusing for her when I was trying to help her but lay 5 seconds ago unconscious there and maybe because of my eyes. She hardly heard me and did not recognize me at all." with a heavy heart you explained it to Terzo as the others also got a little sadder. "Oh no... I'm so sorry for her..." said Cirrus as she clung to Mountain's arm.

Time past when you just talked for a bit. But Air was always in your head. You were worried. Like crazy.

"Do you think I should go check on her?" you looked questioningly at Terzo. "Wait until dinner. If she doesn't come back, then you should check on her." he says to you.

All day long you tried to distract yourself somehow and not run off every second to look for Air. Even the ghouls tried to distract you at some point and somehow keep you in the church.

Why you wanted to get to Air so badly, you didn't even know yourself. So somehow you felt a little bit that there was something wrong with Air and maybe you should look for her. But maybe you were just a bit out of the wind and your emotions were still a bit confused since you are different.

"I'm going to the bathroom for a minute." you said as Mountain just won the round of Uno and everyone started reshuffling the cards. "Get it together Fire. She'll be fine." Sunshine looked at you with threatening eyes as you raised your arms in defense.

You walked out of the living rooms towards the bathroom. After the visit to the bathroom you wanted to wash your hands, when you looked at yourself in the mirror. Your eyes made you looking even hotter than you were already.

Shortly you stood in front of the mirror and praised yourself how good you look, when the bite mark fell into your eye. Through the mirror you looked fixed on it.

Your fingers began to tingle as the will began to run to Air. You tried to pull yourself together, already biting your lips hardly. But at some point the will was bigger and you already sprinted outside.

You assumed that Air was at her place, so it was the first place you ran to. From further away you were already seeing her place, but you didn't see Air. But you felt her. Her place was not exactly big, but actually quite clear, but you did not find her.

"Air?" you called out as you spun in a circle on the spot. The sun blinded you a bit, which is why you quickly turned back around. "Air. I know you're here somewhere. Please. Come out. I'm worried." Your voice rang through the forest as it became quiet again.

Behind a rock a little further away from you came a stone, which was thrown. Slowly you came closer to the rock when you heard a sob. The further you went around the rock, the more you saw Air.

You immediately knelt down to her as she looked to you with teary eyes. "Hey...honey. What's wrong?" you asked cautiously as you gently put your hand to her cheek. She sat leaning against the rock with her at her body as her shirt already had many tears on it, which broke your heart a little.

She said nothing, but jumped into your arms as you lost your balance and were already lying on your back as she clung to you in fright.