Chapter 49

It had been a week since Air was attacked. But for you it felt like it was only yesterday.

After Copia almost collapsed in your arms because he was happy that you were both awake again. At first you were confused about that. But then he told you that you had slept through almost a whole day you weren't that surprised anymore because you could sleep next to Air the whole time.

You can only vaguely remember what happened after that. When everyone found out that you were both awake again, everyone wanted to see you. Even if they didn't want to talk about it directly, you sensed that after all that they wanted an explanation so that they could finally know the truth. Because until now, only you knew exactly what had happened. So you just told them.

It was kind of painful to let those words roll over your tongue and remember them again, but in the end it really helped you to process everything more easily. But the others were also a bit upset afterwards.

After Air was discharged from the hospital ward, she just lay in bed for the next days. She slept a lot and often thought about the past and tried to process it. You tried to be there for her, especially on those days. She often sat in your arms and cried into your chest while you tried to calm her down and promised her that you would always stay with her. And every time she was in your arms, she always fell asleep afterwards.

You often cried when she was asleep because Air meant so much to you. It hurt a lot to see her like that and you wanted to try everything to make her happy again.

And in your opinion, it worked well, because she soon had a smile on her lips again. It was brief, but it was there.

As you were both mainly in the room, you completely forgot about the outside world. You were already aware that the whole hell was full of the new chosen ones. But you didn't really let it get to you or even have time to deal with it.

Sure, you were aware that everyone wanted answers. Everyone wanted to know what had happened. Whether Air was really hurt. Whether there really was a new second Chosen One.

You also knew that you'd have to answer in a timely manner. But the way Air is doing right now, you knew she couldn't do it. You've had an idea in your head for a long time to end the whole thing, but you didn't really want to do it. You haven't really dared to do it yet.

You didn't know whether it would be good or bad if you said something about it. And you didn't want to ask Air for her opinion either.

You were just sitting in your bed while Air had her head on your stomach and held you tightly in her arms. You gently stroked her back as she slept soundly. The idea came into your head again, as it had so often today, as your fingers began to tingle. Your thoughts took on a life of their own and simply made you think that you wanted to do it more and more.

You picked up Air's cell phone and started looking for a picture. At some point you took a picture of Air and you when you had just woken up and were still in bed. You had stolen her cell phone because she was always upset that we never took pictures together.

You could clearly see your two-colored eyes and the bite mark on your neck on it. It was one of your favorite picture of Air and you. You are looking like a happy couple in it. Your smiles were so beautiful, especially Air's, that every time you looked at it you fell head over heels in love with her again, and each time more than before.

You knew that Air was in contact with SatansPoint via WhatsApp. You then sent the picture of you to an official group and wrote the following:

"Hi. I'm Fire. And I'm Aice's husband. To finally put an end to all the rumors and assumptions, I'm going to take a stand and give you the answers to all the questions. Yes. Aice was injured. She was stabbed in the stomach with a knife full of Anktio herbs and lost her ability as the Chosen One. But don't worry, when the herbs left her body, her powers came back. And now I come into it. Since Aice is considered the savior of hell and the questions about her personal life never came up, it was never talked about it. Aice and I are married and we both gave each other a bite mark. Through that bite, she turned me into a Chosen One. We never thought we would have to make it public, as Aice was to remain the only Chosen One to spare us any more rumors. Because yes, I am a FireGhoul and she is an IceGhoul.

But apparently that's the way it should be. The night Aice got hurt, I turned into a Hellhound for the first time and gave my everything to protect Aice. I killed the the two guys and after that I was able to check on Aice and realized how badly she was hurt. And before I could do anything, I heard the first voices saying so that I had taken Aice with me and brought her to a safe place. There I fought with her soul to not let her die again.

Now she's fine again.
Thanks, Fire."

You didn't read the message again, you just sent the picture and the text. You saw it being sent as you quickly turned off her cell phone and tossed it a little away from you so that it landed on your thigh. Your heart raced as your palms got sweaty.

You really did just write it.

Your eyes were fixed on the phone the whole time. The screen went black for a moment when it suddenly started vibrating and wouldn't stop. So many messages popped up.

You thought the vibrations on your thigh might wake Air up, which is why you put it on your bedside cabinet. But it got even louder when you finally threw it on the pile of clothes next to your bed.

You could still hear the cell phone so loud that it even drowned out your loud heartbeat. A little panicked, you lay down in your bed and trief threw the covers over you. Air suddenly started to wake up next to you because you moved so abruptly when you put her arms around you and stroked her back again. She looked up at you in confusion for a moment as she laid her head back on your chest and continued to sleep.

Damn, why is something like this so stressful and exciting?