Chapter 42

*Fire's pov*
Airs seemed very grateful when you carried her. When her skin touched yours, you felt how exhausted she actually was, that it really hurt your heart that you let her walk at all.

She had her arm around your neck as her weak head hid in your chest.

You had just arrived at the front of the church when Copia suddenly came out of the entrance and ran down the few steps to you. "Oh Satan... Aice Fire... there you are... I was so worried."

He ran across the square as he reached you. But just before he reached you, he faltered. Immediately tears welled up in his eyes as he realized that you were covered in blood. "W-what h-happened?" His lower lip trembled as he now also saw what severe pain Air had just endured.

"We were attacked...those guys did something to Air. Last night she almost died. Now she's in so much pain that she can't walk... Copia what happened to her? Why does she suddenly feel pain?" without you noticing, tears rolled out of your eyes as Air was still weak in your arms.

"We need to get to Terzo quickly." said Copia, to which you nodded. The two of you then quickly walked across the square towards the church.

Just as you were walking up the stairs to the entrance, you realized how suddenly Sunshine and Aether were standing in the doorway. Sunshine put her hand over her mouth and began to cry heavily. The trigger was clear. She started crying when she saw how you looked and that something bad had happened.

You didn't pay much attention to her because you just had one goal in mind. Inside the church you went straight in the direction of Terzo's office. Copia was close behind you as he passed you just before Terzo's office to open the door for you.

Terzo's breath caught when he saw you as he was about to read something. Still holding Air, you then stood in his office as he came from behind his desk. You didn't know what you were saying because everything happened so fast, but in any case you just put Air on his couch and he immediately turned his attention to her.

Roughly, you could remember taking a few steps back as she looked into your eyes. They were full of pain before she closed them again seconds later. Your heart started to ache harder the more you looked at her. You wanted to leave the room, but it felt like your feet were fixed into the floor. Emotionally, you felt yourself about to collapse.

Your head could not remember what your eyes saw in those moments. However, you could remember someone standing next to you and touching you. The person wanted to hug you, but you didn't want to. Or rather, you couldn't. Your whole body was again like a statue, where you can't move a meter.

*Copia's pov*
Gently you tried to stroke Fire's back, when even he couldn't take his eyes off from Aice. He showed no reaction, no movement nothing. Not even tears.

You took your gaze from Fire's face and fixed it on Aice. She was covered in blood and was in pain, which was just not normal.

Your head was full of questions.

"COPIA?! Can you hear me!!" you shook your head dreamily as Terzo's panicked voice came into your head. You were so deep in thought that you totally forgot about the outside world. Panic, pain and fear were in the room that they almost hit you.

"Yeah... sorry... what's going on?" you stepped up next to Terzo as even he had tears in his eyes. "Aice was poisoned with anktio-herbs." Terzo's words were like a punch to the gut. You felt nauseous and dizzy at the same time. Aice was poisoned with anktio-herbs. One of the deadliest poisons available to ghouls.

"No... Terzo... please say it's not true. It can't be..." again oodles of tears sprang from your eyes as Terzo shook his head. Silence fell in the room as your brother stood up. "Fire...how was Aice attacked?" he stood in front of Fire as he was still stiff and had his eyes on Aice. His face was so cold. No emotion nothing. Like it was just the shell standing there and his mind was somewhere else entirely.

Terzo shook him as Fire raised his hands. Terzo then immediately took his hands away. Confused, you watched as Fire hit himself in the stomach with his hand over and over again.

"Stomach... Aice got hurt in the stomach!" it suddenly came into your head as Terzo got to Aice again. "Cloth! Water! Now!" shouted Terzo as you immediately knew what he wanted.

Quickly you got a cloth, wet it and gave it to Terzo. He wiped away Aice's blood, which covered her whole belly. All the blood hid a big scar. "Copia... hold her hand... Aice... I apologize already..." you were confused when you went to Aice's upper body and put her hand in yours.

You didn't even notice how Terzo had one of his books in his hand and started reading from it. Aice was no longer a chosen one, which is why Terzo's books and magics works.

Aice started screaming out loud in pain as she crushed your hand. Her stomach was sticking up in the air before she was back on the couch. She first made huge movements before they started to get smaller and she was shaking all over. Her voice was so high at one point that it was nearly about to break every glass in the church. Your hand had no more blood in it where she held you. Your scar on her belly got darker until at some point it was pitch black.

Suddenly she stopped moving and screaming, as she lay there peacefully. But that only lasted for a short time as her scar began to open up more and more. Threads of skin where over the wound, holding it together just a moment ago when black Blood ran out of it.

She let your hand go as Aice suddenly leaned forward and vomited also black Blood.

Roughly you could see like a small vial between the blood before your vision was as black as Aice blood and you kissed the ground.