Chapter 23

*Aice's pov*
5 hours you were already fighting against these creatures. More than half of them were already dead and you had used relatively little energy for them. All your tricks that you learned against defense, you could use today perfectly the first time. So the creatures had not a single millisecond where they could attack you back and might have taken you by surprise.

You were the only one who fought against all the creatures, because the other soldiers simply had no chance against them. No matter with how many they would fight against them. But in the meantime the soldiers took care of the other people. It was already long dark and probably already far over 0 o'clock as still smaller flames illuminate the night a little.

Another hour passed when you finally separated the last head from the body of the figures with your mouth. A little exhausted you sat down briefly as suddenly everything was quiet in the city. Only the quiet crackling of the fire was heard in the background.

When everyone realized that it was finally over, they all ran out of their hiding places and embraced each other. At one point they were all standing around you cheering as you just bowed gratefully. Even though everyone was still deeply panicked and it would take time for everything to return to the way it was before, you could feel the relief that it was all over now. 

You walked through the streets again, making sure that everyone was okay and that no person was missing under some pile of rubble. Fortunately, it was not the case and hell was successfully defended.

You had an unpleasant feeling to see there some motionless and innocent bodies, where families were sadly standing around, so you quickly passed by there.

Your duty was fulfilled and proudly you made your way home.

Too quickly you were back in the church, when you were still a big wolf. So you don't come into church for the time being. Actually, you assumed that your way back would take so long that you would at least fit through the front door. Tired, you lay down in front of the church and wanted to doze a little bit in the hope that you will get smaller and enter the church at all, but the grass was really comfortable, so you fell asleep outside.

*Terzo's pov*
Around 4am you woke up because you had to go to the bathroom urgently. You were walking down the hallway outside your room when a huge black figure was creeping around the church outside. You had to swallow hard. When you got a little sweaty hands. Again and again a muffled noise sounded and the windows shook a bit when the creature moved.

You were already ready to call Copia when a slightly louder noise sounded and the figure exhaled deeply. Only now did you remember who it was. "Ah right... that's Aice... I totally forgot.. at least she's back," you said to yourself as you realized that you were just afraid of Aice.

You first considered going out and talking to her about how it was, but she'll probably ask about Fire. Only you can't answer the questions, she has to do that herself.

After you went to the bathroom, you really wanted to know how the fight in hell went. "No, Terzo, you'll see tomorrow. Get some sleep first." you kept trying to tell yourself as you nervously tossed and turned in your bed. You just had to know. With your tablet you called up the hell newspaper and already on the front page you saw Aice. "Chosen Aice has successfully defended Hell."

That's all you needed to read, that was enough for you. You proudly put your tablet aside and went to sleep with a clear conscience.

*Aice's pov*
Around 10 o'clock the next day you woke up again. Only now you noticed that you fell asleep yesterday after all. But at least you were now back to your normal size. You were lying in the middle of the meadow, on a somewhat flat spot of yours, when you crossed your legs and used your arms in the back of your head as a pillow to look at nature a little bit and to review yesterday and to take some time for yourself.

At some point your hunger convinced you to get up and you went to breakfast. Still a little tired you went to the cafeteria and got yourself a lot of food. Next to Swiss and Aether you found a place, while you immediately started to eat. "Morning." you said, as you started to drink your cocoa.

"Aice you're back! I read it in the paper this morning that you successfully fought off hell. You are really talented. How you got rid of them all without any problems. That you became a Chosen One is just so amazing and we live with you... and are your friends..." Aether marveled at which you had to smile. "Thank you." you said a bit shyly.

Throughout breakfast you kept a rather low profile and were a bit lost in your thoughts. "Oh shit... I totally forgot about that. What actually happened to Fire? Where is he right now?" you asked in shock as the incident from yesterday came back to you. "He's in the infirmary but-"

As Swiss spoke of the infirmary, you had already jumped up from your chair and ran there. You were a little perplexed when Fire lay there peacefully. You felt that something was different. His aura was the same, but it had a stronger appearance, which also had similarities to yours.

Unsure what to do, you sat down on the edge of the bed next to him. He didn't look sick anymore, but rather fit as if he only had his eyes closed. Only now did you realize that maybe you should have talked to Swiss in the cafeteria so that you would at least know what was going on with Fire and why he was still lying there.

Your subconscious was telling you that his cold and him lying there had nothing to do with each other. But then what is it supposed to be?

You put all the possibilities aside for now. Lately you have shown little love for each other, so you wanted to stay with Fire for the time being. Romantically, you wanted to put your hands in his, when a terrible wind blew through his body, which was responsible for his not waking up.

The wind immediately found a way to you when you tried to transfer it to you with your magic. It traveled over your hands and then finally was in your body. You were not aware that the wind was so strong that it threw you out of bed.

You were lying a few feet away from the bed when you got it under control.

Confused, you sat on the floor as you still had a big question mark as to what was going on with Fire. You screamed out loudly when suddenly a hand was in front of your eye and when you looked up into Fire's face, which didn't look like he was unconscious a minute ago.

It was like a nightmare, only much creepier. You slid further and further back as Fire smiled and looked at you with two colored eyes.