Chapter 13

"Don't worry... it won't take that long..." you joke, which had everyone laughing.

"You all probably know Fire...otherwise you probably wouldn't be here on our wedding. But you see Fire from a different perspective as I see him and also how I got to know him. And now I just want to tell you a little bit how I see my Fire."

You needed a moment to get emotionally ready.

"I remember very well how it all started. Fire and I had a little conflict because we didn't get along very well in my early days at the church. After I had a very emotional talk behind with with Copia, I just wanted one thing. My bed. But there was a crying Fire waiting for me and got in my way. Yes, he really cried and wanted to talk to me urgently. During the conversation, I already felt something strange and after that, Fire turned my whole world upside down."

Fire began to smile as his eyes glazed over a bit.

"I just couldn't get him out of my head and my temperature was going crazy. When I saw him I felt the butterflies in my stomach even more. How good that we wore masks, so I could hide my red cheeks somehow. I often imagined what it would be like if Fire and I were together or what our future would look like. If someone had told me that my imaginings would eventually come true, I would have laughed. Never would I have thought that it would become reality. I was sure I wouldn't fit Fire's ideas and just wasn't attractive enough. I mean... look at him. That perfect body which guided me so many times. That face that blows my mind every time I look inside of it. Those eyes. Every morning they are the first thing I see when I wake up and every time it makes my heart beat faster. And this hair. Which moves like silk through my fingers when Fire lays his exhausted head on my chest and falls asleep. Never would I have a chance against him. He is pure beauty for me."

You had to collect yourself for a moment before you continued.

"So I went to Copia looking for help. I wanted an advice so that I somehow become a clear mind. My mind won't stop thinking about him and always wanted to be with him. I confided all my thoughts to Copia and he also seemed really overwhelmed with me afterwards. I'm really sorry for that, by the way."

You looked at Copia and had to smile.

"The only thing Copia then put to my heart as I sat there dissolved was: that love feels weird at first but later it's the most beautiful thing there is. But he also told me something about Fire. He said that Fire is someone that when he loves, he loves it very strongly. When I was sitting there I didn't know what to do with it. But now. Now I can confirm that statement."

Your eyes glazed over and your voice began to tremble.

"For a long time I have searched security and safety with someone. I promised myself to go this way alone because I just couldn't find it. But then there was that one afternoon. Through Aether I found out what Fire thinks about me, as he also found out what I think about him. Through an embarrassing situation it came between Fire and me to a serious conversation. We unconsciously promised each other loyalty and security without really talking about it. Fire took me as I was, even with my faults and quirks. Sometimes I wonder to this day what he saw in me that convinced him to have me by his side. But I want to tell you one thing Fire. You were the one who was there at my lowest moments. You were the one who was not deterred by it and kept strengthening me. You were the one who showed me what it felt like to be loved and to matter to someone. Thank you."

You couldn't hold on any longer. Your lips trembled as you started to cry even more. Firs suddenly stood in front of you and took you in his arms. You curled around him as you stood for a moment. "Thank you for existing." You whisper into Firs chest, which everyone seemed to hear and started applauding loudly.

Fire then stood in front of you again and looked at you with teary eyes since you weren't done speaking yet.

"For a long time I thought about what I could give you as a gift from this wedding and also just as a small thank you for this wonderful time with you, until I thought of something. I would like to give you a cat. Little kittens were born today on our wedding date and you get to choose one of them." Fire looked at you in shock as he fell lovingly into your arms. "Really?! I've always wanted a cat... and then on an occasion like this... that's one of the reasons I want you by my side." Fire gave you a long kiss as you sat back down.

You were still emotional but Fire was no different. You were glad you had already taken the pictures.

"That was the most beautiful speech I have ever heard. Listening to you like that and then you in such a beautiful dress. You just drive me crazy that I love you more every second."

A tear from his eyes walked down his cheek, wich you wiped away with a little smile.

Fire was about to go to the bathroom, which is why you were talking to Mountain, who was sitting next to you at the table.

You were having a nice conversation when Fire suddenly stood in front and looked nervously at you. It got quiet again when you saw the book you had written about Fire.

He started to grin when he saw that you had seen the book. "Before dinner, I want to take this opportunity to tell you something about Aice, because I think you should know how I see my princess."