Chapter 56

Your fingers moved from your eyes and you turned around and stood up immediately. A few moments later, you looked into your wife's face. But you couldn't look at her face for long because she was wearing her beautiful green dress, which made your mouth water.

"Wow... you..." was the only thing you could get out. "Good morning to you too." she laughed sweetly as she let herself fall into your arms. Since you've always been together everywhere, you two have become a mix of each other. Sometimes even the same person. So Air became a morning grouch like you, which certainly made you happy as she used to wake you up early and wanted to do something with you while you still wanted to sleep in the earlier days.

"It's nice to have you in my arms again," you said after you had stopped hugging each other and sat down.

The others all took their seats and slowly you were ready to go. Just as you were thinking about it, the church fell silent and the organ started to play. You all stood up together as the doors slowly opened. Everyone looked at the door and waited for Cirrus as you dared to take a quick look at Mountain to see how he was doing. His hands were shaking a little but he tried not to let it show. Even the few tears that rolled down his cheeks.

Your gaze went back to Cirrus, who was wearing a beautiful, simple dress. Her baby bump looks so beautiful in it. With slow steps she came forward to the altar as Terzo handed her over to Mountain.

The organ stopped playing and everyone took their seats again. You took Air's hand in yours and placed it on your thigh. She looked to you briefly with a smirk as her eyes went back to Mountain and Cirrus and she laid her head on your shoulder.

Time flew by as the bite came. Mountain had just made his promise and put the ring on Cirrus when Cirrus now had the ring in his hand. All too soon the moment had passed and Cirrus' lips were stained red, while Mountain had a fresh bite mark on his neck.

You didn't spend much time outside the church as you drove to the location. While you were still waiting for the newlyweds to arrive, you got talking to some old friends. You had a glass of champagne in one hand while your other arm went around Air's waist.

Mountain and Cirrus had arrived by the time photos were taken. You were busy for a long time, but you remembered that it took a really long time for you too. When Air planned the wedding with the two of them, they planned to put some snacks everywhere to stave off hunger while you took the photos.

The food tasted fantastic and everything was just so beautiful. You were a little worried about what it would be like when Cirrus got married while she was almost pregnant. But all your negative thoughts vanished and were completely unfounded.

The evening took its course. You were allowed to give a speech, Copia also got a few words out and Sunshine had written a beautiful and fitting poem.

It was already getting dark outside when the wedding dance started. All of you guests stood around the dance floor when it was time. Air was standing right next to you, looking fixedly at Cirrus and Mountain with a little tear in her eye. You looked at Air for a moment as memories of your wedding came flooding back to you.

You were newlyweds and your legs were shaking as you lived with the fear of forgetting your wedding dance.

When you look at Air, you see your home, the real you. Every time you look at her.

Your attention went back to Cirrus and Mountain. Their gaze was so connected. Nothing could have broken it. They're probably just so damn happy right now and don't even know we're standing around them. As you continued to watch them, you couldn't help but shed a tear or two as you put your hand around Air's waist and proudly showed that she was yours.

After their wedding dance, there was loud applause before the DJ started his job and invited more couples onto the dance floor. Of course, you didn't have to hesitate for long as you stood in front of your wife to ask for her hand in marriage. With a smile, she placed her hand in yours and you walked a little further onto the dance floor. She let you guide her while she looked you deep into her eyes with her typical and beautiful smile.

The evening turned out to be really nice. Even without the alcohol, you had so much fun together. A game was being played with you men that made your stomach hurt from laughing as the women looked on dutifully. Once again there was loud applause when the game was over, while you went back to Air completely exhausted and she greeted you with a beaming smile. You then urgently needed a drink in your seat.

The DJ was just announcing the bouquet toss when you saw Air suddenly start to move in the corner of your eye. You immediately wrapped your arms around her waist and pulled her onto your lap as she looked at you in surprise. "What was that for?" she laughed. "You're not playing that game. I won't let you." "Fire... my dress was just wrong and I wanted to fix it. Don't worry. I won't run away from you." "Oh. Yeah, all right then."

The games were over for now and we got back to dancing. Air and you danced all the way through the first section, which is why you needed a short break and sat at the table. You spent the whole time watching other couples dance, but you also rested yourself, because you definitely wanted to make everything unsafe with Air today.

"You're Fire, aren't you?" a young voice suddenly came from beside you. When you looked in that direction, you saw two little ghoulettes, who must be Cirrus' cousins. "Yes, that's me." you said to them kindly. They were kind of cute.

"We think you're really cool and wanted to ask you if you'd like to dance with us." They spoke to you a little shyly, making you smile. "I'd love to dance with you cute little Ghoulettes." You stood up and held out your hand to each of the two girls to take them to the dance floor.