22: Operation Cartel Protection

The satellite shows a conversation between Laswell and Shepherd, with photos of Hassan and a ship with a container.

Laswell: Hassan was taken back into cartel protection in Las Almas, Mexican Special Forces confirmed. Hassan is moving something sizable towards the US. The cargo could be containers housing missiles. We don't know how many and we don't know the targets.

Shepherd: To find out, we need to capture Hassan and bring him in for interrogation.

Images of Soap, Ghost and Roach from 141 Bravo Team are shown.

Shepherd: Send Soap, Ghost and Roach to link up with Alejandro, Rudy and their Mexican Special Forces unit.

Laswell: We can't start a war in Mexico, General!

Shepherd: Certainly not... That's why i will send Phillip Graves and the Shadow Company, their rules of engagement can help us cut some red tape and get the thing done legally.

Laswell: Good, let's get to it!

The satellite tracks Sergeant Johnny "Soap" MacTavish in Las Almas, Mexico.

We see Soap, Ghost and Roach linking up with Alejandro Vargas.

Vargas: Sergeant "Soap" MacTavish...

Soap: Colonel Vargas...

Vargas: Lieutenant Riley, i've heard you're called "Ghost".

Soap: Actually, i think he pref-.

Ghost: It's okay, Soap, it's okay...

Vargas: Sergeant Sanderson, i've heard you're called "Roach".

Roach: It's because i'm hard to kill.

They smile at each other.

Vargas: Welcome to the city of souls.

Vargas takes them inside a car, where Rudy is waiting as a driver.

Vargas: This is my second-in-command, Master Sergeant Rodolfo "Rudy" Parra.

Rudy looked at Ghost a little nervous.

Rudy: I'm afraid of Ghosts actually!

Ghost grins, Soap and Roach laugh a little trying not to cry of laughter.

Roach: Where's Hassan?

Rudy: Cartel Hideout, 10 clicks from here.

Soap: I've never been to Mexico, honestly...

Vargas: Welcome to our beloved homeland then!

They drive towards the cartel hideout with a convoy from the Mexican Special Forces, with Vargas briefing them about the situation and explains a little about Los Vaqueros, the Mexican Special Forces unit based in Las Almas which both Rudy and Alejandro are part of aside from Task Force 141.

Vargas: You'll see, the Cartel pays Mexican Army soldiers to protect them.

Ghost: Corruption in the Army, i see...

Vargas: Exactly...

Soap: Who's the Cartel Leader.

Vargas: El Sin Nombre, we don't know his real identity yet.

They reach their destination, linking with Staff Sergeant Jesus "Chuy" Ordaz, who is part of Task Force 141 through both Vargas and Rudy.

Chuy: Welcome to Las Almas, 141.

Vargas: Chuy, ¿Estas listo? (You're ready?)

Chuy: ¡Siempre! (Always!)

Vargas: Weapons hot, Vaqueros.

Las Almas, Mexico.
October 30th, 2022.
1010 ZULU.
[Sgt. Johnny "Soap" MacTavish]
[Task Force 141, Bravo Team]

Getting into a residential area abandoned and occupied by the cartel, they clear the area, but find no sign of Hassan, but find some hints that he was there before.

Soap: No sign of Hassan, but he was here.

Just then, Corrupt units of the Mexican Army reach the area.

Chuy: Verga! (Shit!)

Vargas was determined.

Roach: Do you really want us to face the Mexican Army?!

Vargas: They're corrupt units paid by the Cartel.

They kill most of them, but are forced to retreat from there into the mountains and later downhill a river while they call for reinforcements.

Chuy: All friendly call signs, this is Victor 4-1, how copy? Over!

Graves: V-ct-r 4-1, t-i- is -h--ow-1, do y-- r--d me? O--r!

Suddenly an AC-130 from Shadow Companh flies by and destroys a bridge with a corrupt Mexican Army Convoy that was about to shoot at them.

Graves: This is Shadow-1, how do you read me now? Over!

Ghost: This is Bravo 0-7, loud and clear, over.

Graves: Sorry for the wait, it's good to see you boys! We've got a positive ID on a Cartel Installations 2 clicks north, Hassan may be there.

Ghost: Copy, we're Oscar Mike.

To Be Continued...