Certain Insurgency

In the Unkept Wasteland of Lethal Ice and Raging Snow...

"Your lordship. Our preparations are nearly complete. What will you have our armada do?" Zade came to relay current projections.

"Standby. They are simply our pawns in this tireless chess game." DeathGod spoke from beneath his cloak. 

"And are we still to retrieve more banshee blood?" Zade knew more would be necessary. 

"Without the curse, I cannot leave this wretched place." He coldly told, knowing Zade already knew the answer to that question. 

"It seems the Salamander General made an attempt to dethrone him using the legendary Usurper." Zade informed him of the news.

"The Usurper?" DeathGod snapped to attention. 

"He is now in possession of it due to his incompetence." Zade explained.

"No matter." DeathGod seemed to have a contingency for this. 

"Similarly, the Sylph Sigurd hacked into his account and stole his avatar for a time before the system ultimately corrected it." Zade informed.

"Is that so?" DeathGod was intrigued slightly. 

"Sigurd managed to cause quite a stir before being detained by them." Zade elaborated. 

"A dishonorable way to win to say the least, but a sure way nonetheless." DeathGod shook his head. 

"Has that thought never crossed your mind?" Zade prodded.

"Has it ever crossed yours?" DeathGod shot the question immediately back, knowing very well about the shared extended history with their foe. 

"Point taken." Zade acknowledged. 

Gathering their strength in secret, these dark forces seek to break the shackles that have been bound to them by the Legendary Guardian of Alfheim. 

"Hey, Kirito." I caught his attention.

"Yea, K?" He turned from his conversation with Asuna.

"How would you feel about becoming the Spriggan General?" I asked him point blank. 

"What??" He was caught off guard.

"Spriggan General?" Lizbeth overheard. 

"Yea! I mean, he's the sword expert. Fitting, right?" I inquired. 

"He does have a point there." Sinon agreed. 

"That sounds like an excellent opportunity." Leafa admitted.

"I thought so too." I smiled. 

"Well, what are you waiting for? Knight him!" Silica exclaimed.

"Knight him?" Asuna was a bit confused by that notion. 

"Yea! Warriors recognized under rule are to be knighted into the royal ranks!" Silica really wanted to see the ceremony, albeit a short one. 

"That sounds fitting." I nodded in approval.

"Well?" Asuna nudged.

"Oh! Well, I'd hate to be a bother." Kirito rubbed the back of his head with a nervous laugh. 

"Nonsense. I shall knight thee." I drew my crystal sword and rested it where he was to kneel. 

He approached and everyone gathered on the sidelines. Our eyes met and we each gave each other a nod. Kirito dropped to a knee and hung his head respectfully.