Texas Red

"It's a shame Itsuki had to log out for the day. I'm sure he would have loved some more time to spar." Kureha pointed out.

"No doubt. He was definitely getting into the swing of things here. If we kept at it, he'd probably benefit nicely." I replied.

In that moment, a large flock of small birds began to chirp across the sky in a seemingly happy display. This wasn't the case however, when immediately following after them was a giant screeching eagle in pursuit of its prey.

"Woah, is that a red bird?" Kureha tried to make out its details.

"It's a Blood Eagle. Predators native to the southern desert region of Alfheim. This one's too far from home..." I ignited my dominant right hand and reeled it back as I lined the shot upwards.

I made a fist with my right hand and my purple flame brightened as it took the shape of a long burning spear. I inhaled a huge deep breath and launched the fiery arrow into the sky with every ounce of my force. The burning spear glided smoothly along its trajectory and hit its mark on the Blood Eagle, instantly popping it into feathers and shards.

"Holy cow, K! How'd you do that??" Kureha was amazed.

"Fire manipulation. I could teach you how, but I don't think my power will translate to the same as yours. We have different flames, after all." I smiled at her enthusiasm.

"Different flames, huh? Would that have to do with our different races?" Kureha wondered, realizing the disconnect.

"More or less." I shrugged, knowing other Spriggan's could cast fire but not of the purple variety.

"Hmm... Oh!! What about the Salamander zone? There has to be someone there that can teach me, right?" Kureha concluded.

"Thats not a bad idea. I'm sure there are a few friendly faces we could ask." I nodded in agreement.

"Well? Come on then! There's no time to waste!" Kureha sprouted her red transparent fairy wings and launched off the ground before me.

I let out a chuckle as I watched, opening my own wings to follow after her. Away from the forest we traveled and in record time, we were gliding over a long desert full of vast dunes. Behind many huge tidal waves of sand appeared a wide orange castle that displayed fiery beacons at each of its corner towers. This kingdom was home to the Salamanders. Kureha abruptly swooped in at its open main entrance and I followed in just behind as she peeked back at me. I landed swiftly and she rushed ahead of me to see the sights. I shook my head and finally got my own look at the area as we walked inside. Huge orange bricked walls of defence to form a main gateway overhead, surrounding a large village of flickering fire. It was everywhere. Lanterns, candles, but, even infinitely burning rope. Almost to simulate neon lighting. Burning cloths that hung as tapestries and flowing flags that flickered in the wind. It was quite a sight to see.

"Woah, so I could make this if I learned how? That's amazing! I bet I could make some kind of art with it!" Kureha spoke aloud.

"I like the way you think." I told her.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the bloodbath of a lifetime! One mythical beast shall remain standing! All shall duel to the death until only one is left alive! Stay on the edge of your seat because the fight is about to begin!" An announcer yelled from a large round building in the centre of the kingdom.

"What's that?" Kureha wondered as the two of us turned to look.

"I don't know. Maybe we should go check it out." I suggested and she nodded.