Shadow Eternal

The four dark players footsteps neared closer and closer as our two families held each other dear. I reluctantly looked up as the fabled Zade and freshly proclaimed DeathGod peered down at us from where they now stood. Evil grins were ridden across their faces as young Yui began to scream in fear. I snapped to attention seeing Vassago bring up his cleaver blade on Asuna as she protected an unconscious Kirito and their daughter.

"I'll see you in Hel." DeathGod chuckled, readying his serrated scythe to attack.

"As will those who follow you." Zade was more serious as he reeled back his blood red katana; Red Ribbon.

I shut my eyes and pulled my family in tighter with my black feathered wings. I braced us all for the devastating blow we were about to take.

"K..." Sinon's voice spoke as our Athena lay weakened in her lap.

I quickly turned and my eyes instantly met her gorgeous blue ones. A look of sadness and affinity glistened off her pupils.

"...I love you." She reluctantly spoke.

"I love you, Shino." I rested my forehead against hers and she pulled our daughter closer.

Time began to feel slow for just a moment. Our desperate embrace made me think back to the good fun Sinon and I had in the past. I remember introducing her and the others to a brand new game, teaching them all new concepts that were sometimes unfamiliar to them. I remember the vivid memories of the two of us getting married in ALO and I could never forget meeting her IRL for the first time. Shino and I had a special connection that couldn't be attested and our journey had truly solidified that. A tear of happiness fell off my cheek as I came to accept our destined fate. We lost... and this was our punishment. I prepared to feel the cold steel of their blades as the wind picked up around us. A loud clash of metal pierced the air and the thud of someone's feet hitting the ground caused us all to shake from our dissociative fugue. Our vision came up and right before our eyes were a pair of half red and half black... feathered wings? Shock hit me like a truck as a familiar smirk peeked back at us.

"What? You didn't really think I was gonna leave you hanging, did you?" Pitohui turned back to the aggressors with her red coated poison blade; Sting.

"Pitohui!" Sinon and I yelled.

"And she brought the cavalry with her!" A lost voice yelled.

We turned and watched as Leafa leaped over Asuna to attack Vassago with her sword. The legendary PoH blocked her strike but was immediately forced to block another from Klein as he moved in to assist.

"Now, Agil!" He yelled as he struggled to recollect himself.

"Rrrrrraaahh!!!" A fully armoured Agil jumped up into the air and brought down his large two handed battle axe for an intense ground smash.

A puff of dust kicked up as Vassago Casals was knocked sliding back away from Asuna. With distance now between the royal families and their attackers, the heroic saviours stood to bask in their glory.

"You're gonna have to do better than that if you want to defeat us." Agil stood tall.

"Full speed ahead!" A squeaky voice called out.

Upon the back of a screeching Griffin, Silica led the charge as a swarm of other players arrived to assist in our fight.

"Sylphs! Take up formation!" Queen Sakuya arrived with her army.

"Cat Sith! Shield wall!" Alicia Rue was able to command her battalion to defend Sakuya's fleet.

"Now they're quakin' in their boots!" Liz confidently stepped forward with her mace and shield.