Repercussion

"Elduur... Atgeir!" Kureha shouted and summoned a flaming spear, kicking up a fiery wall to send towards a rock.

"Well done, Kureha. You've truly reached a new height with your skill." I commended.

"Thanks! Couldn't have done it without you!" She smiled and dissipated her fire spear.

A notification alert suddenly popped up in my face and I hit accept to read it. It was a message from Sinon that stopped me in my tracks.

"It's Athena. Something's wrong." It read.

My heart sank and I shut the message, immediately turning to run as I opened my wings.

"Are we done for the day?!" Kureha yelled.

I ignored her as I launched off the ground and gunned it home at Mach speeds. Like a jet, I swooped in low and dove towards the double doors. I landed hard on my feet and forced them swinging open with my palms.

"What's going on? Where's Athena?" I urgently asked.

"She's laying down in your bedroom. Sinon's with her but we don't know what's happening." Asuna informed with a worried look on her face as Kirito looked at me with concern.

I rushed past everyone and frantically entered the bedroom. I snapped to attention to see Athena asleep with a pale frail face. Sinon gently rubbed the top of her head and her worried expression changed as she was relieved to see me. She got up and rushed to my arms, hugging me to comfort herself.

"Oh, K. Thank you for getting here so fast. I'm really worried, I don't know what's wrong with her." Sinon squeezed.

"It's okay. I'm glad you messaged me." I nodded and she pulled away, looking back to Athena as she slept.

The two of us shared a moment of unease as we feared for our daughters health.

"We should let her sleep. The others aughta know what's going on." I convinced her and we left the room in each other's arms.

"What's happening? Is something wrong?" Leafa rushed up and asked.

"Relax, Suguha. Sit. We'll talk about it." I softly lead Sinon to her seat next to mine and we all gathered around the long table.

An eerie moment of silence passed as everyone got themselves situated.

"Earlier when we were playing with the dogs outside, Athena started to look pale. She physically slowed down and started to become dizzy. When I asked her what was wrong, she collapsed in my arms. I put my hand on her forehead and felt that she was burning up, so I rushed back here as soon as I could. That's all I know." Sinon explained.

"Is she sick?" Silica wondered.

"I don't know for sure but it seems so." Sinon replied.

"Could it have been from the festival?" Asuna inquired.

"Maybe it was something she ate." Liz hypothesized.

"The only thing we had was noodle bowls and I had two to myself. If anyone should be sick, it should be me." I pointed.

"I don't think it was that. Could it have been when she got away from us?" Sinon asked me.

"She wasn't gone for that long..." I pondered.

"I'm hungry." Athena's voice spoke from behind us.

We all turned and saw Athena standing perfectly healthy with the colour back in her cheeks. She didn't smile however as she awaited for her request to be answered.