Battle of the Bards

Cat Sith, Sharp, Ice Queen: Sinon

I found myself wandering the Alne city streets beneath the World Tree when a voice caught my attention. 

"Come on, man. I just need a little bit." The voice pleaded.

"Not for that thing. It ain't worth that." Another voice seemed to fade away. 

"It's made from Yggdrasil wood, you dolt!" The first voice yelled, knowing what he was talking about. 

"Still!" The other voice yelled back as it left. 

I moved past someone and saw the man with what looked to be a white horn-like root from the World Tree we were all at the foot of. It had etched carvings and holes along the top of it. It instantly caught my eye. 

"You just think that because you won't use it..." The guy mumbled under his breath as I stepped close.

"How much?" I had my eyes locked on it. 

The man turned to me, then briefly peeked back at the root in his hand. 

"250K credits. I know it's a lot to ask but-" 

"I'll take it." I opened up my menu and went to type in the required amount. 

"Are you sure? I'm not sure if you'd want to-"

"Yep, I want it." I hit accept on my menu which gave him the same screen with an accept or decline button on the credits I had sent. 

He looked at the number then up to me for a second. He smiled then hit accept and handed me the item.

"Pleasure doing business with you!" He smiled with glee and began to stroll with a kick in his step. 

He must have been trying to get rid of this for a bit. 

"Hello, my love." I greeted as I entered the front doors. 

"Welcome home, baby." He smiled at me as I approached to kiss him on the head.

He was sat at the table with his menu open but finished up with it to converse with me once I sat down. 

"I have a gift for you." I told him.

"Oh? You didn't have to do that." He fought a giddy smile. 

"Of course I didn't, doofus. I wanted to." I ruffled his hair and went into my inventory. 

"Hold your hands out." I instructed him. 

He did as he was told and I found the item. 

"Here." I pressed it and it fabricated above his hands.

He caught it and analyzed it closely. It was a flute made from the root wood of our ancient World Tree. It was an off-white that was etched and carved with particular flourished engravings. It was elegant, precise and beautiful. 

"It's gorgeous." He was almost at a loss for words. 

His eyes were lighting up in a way I had never seen before. It was like he was calm externally and absolutely ecstatic internally. 

"You like it?" I asked him.

"I love it. Now we can play in harmony together." He smiled genuinely at me, remembering the harp he had gifted me before.