Static Unity

Introvert, Nerd, Artist: Kieran

I eventually arrived at Sinon's door and when I turned the knob, I found it unlocked for me as I entered. I quickly stepped in and shut the door, locking it behind me knowing that no one else was supposed to come thru. I looked into the peephole just in case before walking into her bedroom where she laid. She was still in her dive and I couldn't help but smile as I watched her peacefully rest. I went into the kitchen and unpacked some things from my bag, readying two mugs of hot chocolate from packages. I poured hot water from the kettle into each cup and stirred them both with a spoon until they were mixed well. I carefully brought them to her room and placed one on her desk while I held the other to sip on. I watched my adorable Shino sleep and before I could pull out my phone to text her in-game, she awoke and smiled at me as she sat up.

"Hey, baby." I smiled back.

"Hey, love. It's been quite some time." She stretched.

"That it has." I nodded and noticed now that she wasn't just stretching, she was holding her arms up waiting for me to give her a hug.

I smiled as she began to pout slightly at my hesitation and walked over to hold her close, feeling good to finally be here with her again.

"I'm glad you're here." Shino whispered in my ear.

"I'm glad too." I rubbed her back.

"I made some hot chocolate for you." I pulled away and gestured to the desk.

"Oh, thank you, K. That's really sweet." She smiled.

A silence fell between us as we both wanted to address the obvious elephant in the room.

"So, guess I'm here for good now, huh?" I rubbed the back of my head.

"And I wouldn't have it any other way." Shino hugged me tight suddenly.

I was caught off guard at first but I hugged her back and smiled.

"Neither would I." I admitted and held her close.

We embraced each other for awhile in silence until she pulled away to grab the hot chocolate. She took a mini sip from the hot cup and held it patiently in front of her to let it cool. My feelings were bottling up but I knew I could always be honest with my Shino, so I simply asked her the question point blank.

"Marry me, Shino." I said.

"W-What??" She perked up and was caught off guard.

"Yeah, you're right, I should probably give you some time to think about it

"Yeah, you're right, I should probably give you some time to think about it." I chuckled and Shino just tilted her head.

I nervously left it at that with a big smile ridden on my face.

Introvert, Gamer, Artist: Shino

What K had said hit like a bullet as I quickly comprehended what he was asking me. It was already crazy enough that we had gotten married in-game back in Alfheim, but IRL too? It just made me think deeply about it, which I guess is what K ultimately wanted me to do.