Cleansing Flame

"Hyah!" Kureha struck down a small green goblin as he dropped his sword and exploded into shards.

"Hey! I'm starting to get the hang of this thing!" She smiled at me as another goblin started to rush her.

I just rolled my eyes and quickly flew in front of her, swiping the goblins sword out of the way to loudly stop his strike. The small stature of the goblin caused him to stumble backwards and clumsily trip over his own feet. I stood tall from my knelt position and peeked back over my shoulder at Kureha.

"First rule of combat: Never let your guard down. Come on, Kureha. You know that one." I reminded her.

"I know. It's just that I've really taken a liking to this new weapon. I feel like every time I use it, I get better and better!" Kureha was cheerful.

"That is true but you mustn't marvel at it too much. That's far from the only weapon you'll use." I explained as I sent a kick to the last charging goblin, knocking the puny curved sword from it's hand upon impact of the ground.

"What do you mean? Are there more weapons I'll need?" Kureha wanted to know.

"Ones that will assist with distance, yes. Observe." I told her with a smirk as I aimed my palm at the final goblin.

A brief spark crackled within my hand and from it erupted a large continual beam of purple fire. I didn't ease up at all until I saw the dead icon appear clearly thru the blazing inferno. I let up slowly and closed my hand, hearing a distinctive hiss as I snuffed out my own flame.

"Woah!! How did you do that, K??" Kureha was amazed by the bright display.

"Magic. Your main alternative weapon in the vast world of Alfheim Online." I turned back and smiled at her.

"Oh? But I thought you could only do that with runes?" Kureha tilted her head and raised an eyebrow.

"Sounds like someone did some research. Yes, normally the use of magic is tied to the speaking of runes but with proper mastery, the spells will still conjure if you just think about the words in your head." I smirked and pointed to my temple.

"Wow! So you mean if I get good enough with proper spells and magic, I can do what you just did with that purple flamethrower?" Kureha asked.

"I don't think yours will also be purple, but you can absolutely try that spell right now if you'd like." I encouraged.

"Wait... seriously? I have that power?" She questioned.

"Oh yes. You chose Salamander as your race. They are well known for being particularly good at wielding fire." I smiled, enjoying educating her on the game and it's intricate lore.

"Okay... Uhh... What's the spell?" Kureha put her crystal spear on her back and readied her hands hesitantly.

"You mustn't just treat it like any old spell when first beginning. In order to cast successfully, you must confidently speak each spells Words of Power." I began explaining to her.

"Words of Power?" She lost focus and looked over at me.

"Yes. Each word that leaves your mouth must be spoken from your heart, mind, body, and soul. You must feel the power coursing thru your veins and when the moment is right, push it out from your hands using every ounce of your force imaginable. Keep your feet stable, and put your arms in at your sides. Centre yourself with your chakra and breathe calmly with its constant flow." I finished.

"Jeez, that's a lot to remember. Okay... Arms in and feet planted, got it." Kureha adjusted her stance and focused on a distant rock that was very large in size.