Defensive Force

I shifted my car up and floored it down the futuristic main roads, blasting a heavy bass rap song just for the occasion. The main city had changed slightly, having bright neon billboards, signs and fluorescent lights all over the place. Large overhangs that connect one building to another, colourfully painted structures and colossal skyscrapers that made you feel minuscule. It was in that moment that I suddenly got a call on my cars dashboard. I accepted it and relaxed while I drove with one hand on the steering wheel.

"Go for K." I said, feeling good to be back in Gun Gale again.

"Welcome back to Gun Gale my friend. I bet you were wondering why I've been absent from ALO as of late. Ultimately, it's because I have greater responsibilities here than in that world but that isn't the point. I've gained some intel on a new GGO champion that's rising rapidly thru the ranks right now. They say she's a merciless killing machine and so far, she's floored twenty other well ranking players." It was Itsuki.

"Twenty, Huh? And you think this chick is targeting the whole list?" I asked.

"Seems like it. We should meet later to discuss further. I have some video footage you'll want to see." He insisted.

"Sounds like a plan. I gotta meet with my crew first but I'll swing by when I have the time." I replied.

"Just watch your back out there. Talk soon." Itsuki hung up.

"As if I don't already." I shook my head shifted downward to slow my car.

I parked it against the curb and stepped out in the main Glocken square. I sat on the front of my car in my leather jacket look as I crossed my arms to scan the crowd. My fingerless gloves had the design of bones on the top of them but I kept my usual black cargo pants on to keep the pattern the same. I kept my purple glowing respirator on my face and I used my tinted visors enhancements to scan each player as they walked by. Eventually it pinpointed a familiar face and when I saw who it was, I put my purple goggles up on my head as she approached.

"Hello again, Violet." I spoke thru my voice changer.

"Hello, K." She smiled back.

"Gun Gale is changing quite a lot, isn't it?" I looked around.

"Mm. Seems like it might be for the better too." Violet admired the city as well.

"One can hope so. Come on, we got a few errands to run." I beckoned as I moved to get into my car.

Off we went down the highway, speedily swerving in and out of traffic to get to our destination. Eventually it turned into a main road and directly in front of us was a tall skyscraper lined in blue neon lights. I pulled up and parked the car, casually getting out to shut the door before going inside the building. Violet followed me in and we quickly hopped into an elevator that started to go up. I leaned against the wall and she looked over to me slightly confused as to where we were going. Violet was about to say something but the elevator doors opened and I was greeted by a familiar sight.

"K!" Everyone greeted.

"Sup, guys?" I smiled as Violet entered the floor with me.

"Woah. Is this Kirito's place?" She looked around and admired the big room.

"Sure is. You like it?" He smiled.

"Beats K's hideout." Liz joked.

"Hey, it's called a hideout for a reason." I chuckled.

"K has a hideout?" Leafa questioned.

"Yeah, it's kind of like his clubhouse." Liz poked some more fun.