Crystal Clarity

I hit accept on a purchase and received an uncut diamond in my inventory. I bowed my head gratefully to the clerk and turned away, proceeding thru the marketplace towards the next task on my checklist. My destination caught my eye as it's items practically shined with radiance. I made my way over and pointed behind the next clerk with a sure smile.

"That's the one." I chose on the wall and they complied with a nod.

They stepped back and opened a protective glass display case to which they delicately removed a gracious harp of gold. Its strings were made of silk and it's body reflected the bright sun as the clerk presented the harp to me.

"One million, five hundred thousand credits." They informed.

"Hmm... How about I talk you down to a solid million and we'll call it even with a favour?" I suggested.

"A favour? I could use one of those. What exactly did you have in mind?" They asked.

"Anything you need. Whatever it is, I can do it for you." I convinced.

"I see.. well, I have been getting less and less business as of late. No one seems to want to buy good instruments anymore. Perhaps maybe you could conduct some advertising for me?" The clerk requested.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea. I would be happy to carry out your wishes and bring attention to your lovely shop." I nodded and their face lit up with a smile.

"Sold! You have my sincerest thanks for your patronage! There's a special sale going on here in the marketplace tomorrow. There are sure to be plenty of players willing to spend their hard earned credits if you come out and showed them your talents!" The clerk held out the harp to which my menu popped up asking me to pay.

I put in exactly one million credits and hit accept as the instrument disappeared into my inventory.

"I shall. Pleasure doing business with you." I bowed slightly and began my journey home.

Many busy players began to pass me by as I made my way thru the bustling city streets. I felt a smack against my shoulder as a player pushed me out of his way to continue walking. I immediately looked back at him with a snarling expression and a growl in my voice.

"Hey, watch-" I started but stopped in my tracks when I saw it again.

Full waving purple hair flowed gently in the breeze as my vision followed a skirted silhouette up to look at the back of her head. My attention was grabbed by a familiar pink orchid and I was slapped with a flashback.

"Promise me, K. Promise me you won't die." Crysta's last words replayed in my head.

I shook myself violently back to reality as the ghost of my past made her escape within the crowds. I took a power step forward and began to swiftly pursue my long lost memory before she could disappear once again. A guy walked in front of me and pushed him forcefully to the side as I tried to give chase. I swerved and maneuvered thru the masses as I started to near closer behind her. I squeezed thru large groups until ultimately, I became frustrated and annoyed. I forced myself thru the crowds and even pushed some people aside as I made haste to track her down. After pushing, shoving and ducking thru other players I finally found myself clear from those who surrounded me and I could see her clear as day. She continued to walk away from me but I trailed just behind her, reaching my hand out in disbelief.

"Crysta...?" I gripped her shoulder softly.

She slowly turned around to face me and I met a pair of glistening green eyes. The two of us froze in place as visible shock filled our bodies. Her eyes began to water and she covered her mouth in disbelief. I felt a sense of disappointment fill my heart as I realized I was wrong.