Imminent Imposter

"K, you don't really mean..." Sinon paused.

"I do. There's an Imposter Among Us, in this very room in fact." I spoke clearly and looked around at everyone.

There was a long pause of silence as everybody looked at each other.

"So, you gonna come clean?" I drew my gun and aimed it at my Sinon.

"Me?! You think it was me that did it?!" She was outraged.

I just let out a chuckle, knowing all to well that she was still herself. I then pointed to Asuna but she ducked as Kirito stood to protect her. I nodded to him and turned the barrel to Sugu next. She just looked me in the eyes and I remembered that she hated TKers just as much as me. I passed Liz and turned my Deagle to Silica's head to which she quickly started to cry.

"That's not funny, K." Liz spoke up and I aimed over to Klein.

"Woah, hey man! Why do you gotta point your gun around like that?!" Klein panicked and held up his hands.

I pointed to Agil next and he kept his arms crossed. I stared at him and he stared at me with unimpressed eyes. I kept the gun on him longer but ultimately put it down and let out a sigh.

"Okay. Whoever it is, we can't make them crack. We'll have to think of some other way to tell who the imposter is." I concluded.

"What about if you initiate the scan with everyone on different sides of the building? That way, you can find whoever it is and call it out." Kirito suggested.

"That'll work. Everyone should split up if we want to be sure." I advised and I moved over near the stairs to see who was going downstairs but no one had thought to just yet.

Sinon came up to me as she looked around for a good place to be.

"Kind of weird to be apart now, huh?" She came up and casually asked.

I almost wanted to be cold just in case it turned out to be her but what she said had me genuinely curious.

"What do you mean by that?" I wondered.

"It's just that we haven't had a visit IRL in a long time, so time apart here sort of feels like time apart altogether." Sinon shrugged.

She brought up a memory about us in real life and I knew for certain it couldn't have been her.

"Aww, not to worry, love. We'll plan something soon when this is all said and done." I rubbed her shoulder and smiled.

"Really? That would be wonderful." Sinon thanked.

"Hey, enough chit chattin' we gotta find out who the imposter is." Agil reminded us as he and Klein both went down stairs.

"Jeez, I just hope it's not me." Klein worried as they got to the bottom.

"Right... I suppose we should probably-" Sinon was about to say.

"Hey, K? Do you know where the bathrooms are? Silica needs to-"

"Along this wall to the right." I told Sugu as she walked with Silica.

"It'll be hard to leave you, but-"

"It's alright, my queen. I'll radio you right after the scan if you'd like." I told Sinon.

"Okay." She nodded and made her way to the other corner of the room.

"I'm going down to the lounge. Offices make me wanna barf." Liz joked as she descended the stairs with her hands behind her head.

"We'll meet you down there, Lizzy!" Sugu called out as she stood and protected the bathroom door.