Berserker

The loud rattle of gunfire crackled thru the air as our fireteam unloaded on a giant mecha boss. It's face shield opened up as it charged a bright beam attack from its single glowing lens.

"Shoot it in the face!" I ordered and everyone focused fire.

Zeliska and I grinded at its HP as Itsuki popped the last of it away with his Dragunov sniper rifle. The glowing lens shattered as the giant robot fell to its knees, rumbling the ground beneath our feet. All power left it's circuits and it collapsed on its face, bursting indefinitely into shards.

"Whew. Had to pick up your slack there, K. You gotta step up your game." Zeliska poked me.

"What?? I had to reload! It's not my fault you wield a PKM!" I pointed out her massive LMG.

"Makes mag dumping easy." Zeliska swooshed her hair with her hand.

"Easy for you two to say. I only have ten bullets per magazine." Itsuki rested his sniper on his shoulder.

"Oh, there's no need to be ashamed, Itsuki. Not everyone is blessed with a big magazine size." Zeliska smirked.

"Haha, very funny." Itsuki's words were empty.

"Let's head back to Glocken. I gotta spend this money on more ammo." I suggested.

"And while we're there, you can treat me to some delicious food." Zeliska winked at me.

"Don't you have your own money?" Itsuki asked as we began to exit the dungeon.

"Hey, butt out." Zeliska addressed him.

We arrived back at Glocken in no time and entered an open gun shop together. Zeliska and Itsuki kept back slightly while I walked up to a screen to make my purchase.

"Ten thousand bullets. That oughta do it." I hit accept and my funds were transferred to the machine.

"Seems like you're wasting a lot of credits on bullets. Ever consider switching guns?" A deep male voice spoke from behind us.

The three of us turned and met a towering man in a dark winter coat with white lined fur on the inside. He wore a brown beret on his head and a small double scar was cut along his closed right eye. He had brown gloves and black boots that were outshined by his jackets red accents.

"I quite like the guns I have, thank you. Bazalt Joe." I crossed my arms.

"Jeez, no need to be so cold. I was only trying to help. Speaking of which, would you guys like some assistance? I'm sure questing won't be as difficult with me at your side." He stood with his fists on his hips.

The three of us all just looked at each other and hesitantly turned back to Joe. I opened my mouth to reply but felt Zeliska take a step closer to me as she leaned in.

"Please don't make us bring him." She whispered in my ear.

I waved her away and looked back at Joe with a smirk.

"Happy to have you aboard." I smiled with a nod.

"What?!" Zeliska and Itsuki questioned.

"I'm sure we could use the extra muscle around. Besides, if all else fails, he can just be our bullet sponge." I took his side and patted him on the shoulder.

"I'll agree with that notion." Itsuki nodded with no hesitation.

"Good enough for me." Zeliska shrugged.