Beast War

Rose, Deadly, Pink Salamander: Kureha

"Hey, have you seen K?" I went around the streets asking but no one knew where he was. 

I couldn't even find Sinon or the others anywhere. I made my way to the Spriggan kings quarters and knocked politely on the double doors. It was barely a minute when someone opened up.

"Hello, Kureha. How nice to see you." She greeted. 

"Hey, Zeliska. Have you seen K around?" I got to the point.

"No, I haven't actually. Come to think of it, he's been gone a few days." She pondered, just now realizing the abnormality of this. 

"What about Kirito and the others?" I inquired. 

"They went out just an hour ago. They have not yet returned." Zeliska provided.

"Auntie, Z? Who's there?" Athena came and hugged her leg. 

"It's Kureha, darling. She's asking about K and the group." Zeliska explained. 

Athena just brought her gaze to me with a serious look and she suddenly began to glow. In a bright flash, she became an adult goddess who towered over Zeliska in the doorway. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"You have news?" She got down to it.

I was at a loss for words.

"Ata?" Zeliska referred to her.

"We must focus, ladies. My father is in danger." Athena brought us to our senses. 

"Right. I haven't been able to find him for the past few days, I have the feeling somethings wrong." I explained.

"Something is. Tho I am unsure of what, my father does not simply disappear. He knows this world needs him." She surmised. 

"Could it have to do with the Salamanders?" I knew they must be involved somehow. 

Athena paused and pondered. 

"Yes. Something happened on the water that caused my father not to return. My mother spoke as if he had been lost at sea or killed. Perhaps they encountered a Salamander vessel." She deduced. 

"But how could K have been captured? You and him are the most powerful beings in the game." I reminded.

"Not entirely. Tho we are the most powerful in terms of magical ability, others can still use assets and advantages to counteract us." Athena explained.

"But K now possesses the Usurper. No blade can stop that." I did my research since I'd been gone.

"It is not blade alone that wins a fight. Your mind is just as powerful a weapon as your magic." Athena taught me a valuable lesson. 

Perhaps I could learn more from her.

"Even still, K is not intimidated by Eugene." I couldn't shake that fact.

K and I have talked at length about our disgust for the selfishness of Salamanders. Many of our conversations revolve around Eugene, and K's obvious disdain for such a low player. I was not a stranger to K's thoughts on this matter.

"That is correct. But perhaps it was something else that pushed my father over the edge." Athena agreed.

"Quite literally..." Zeliska was clearly lost in thought.

"What is it, Zeliska?" Athena turned to her slightly.

"K has always expressed to me an immense fear of the oceans in the past. It's why we never gained access to the cargo ship back in GGO. If he's been missing for this long, I fear that he may have fallen overboard." She hypothesized.