Ground War

"Multiple contacts up! They're moving in from the hills!" A soldier yelled.

"Dammit! It's no use! We're pinned down out here!" His comrade took a round before ducking back behind cover.

"This is Fireteam one, requesting back up on our position. We're pinned and have eyes on the-" The soldier peeked up and froze when his eyes met a glow.

"No..." He looked as a dark player was rapidly approaching with increased speed.

"It's him!!" The soldier stood up and yelled as he pointed.

"Huh?" His pinned allies tilted their heads, both at his idiocy and at his call out.

"It's the fabled Black Swordsman! He's the ultimate blade user! Don't let him block your bullets with his Photon Sword or he'll move up and ki-" A bullet suddenly went straight into the side of his head and his limp body collapsed behind cover.

"Ugh, son of a bitch. The leader is dead! We should fall back now and regroup while we still ca-" The ally and his teammate were cut off as they were sliced to bits from behind.

Just as their bodies bursted into shards, Kirito was left standing with a smirk.

"I gotta say, K, I can't thank you enough for getting me this in Vestige." Kirito thanked as we advanced in after him.

"Incoming shots from the Northeast!" Sinon called over comms.

"Pleasantries will have to wait for now, Kirito. The battle rages on." I patted his shoulder briefly as I continued to push ahead.

"I took out a few but my position is compromised. I don't know if that will help but I'm heading down the hill towards you now." Sinon informed.

"That's plenty. We're going to push on them as a unit so get that sweet ass of yours back in formation fast." I smirked as I peeked over my shoulder up the hill to see her getting up from behind a tree.

"On it." Sinon suddenly slid and was able to close in at a very swift pace.

"Contacts in front! They're moving up the hill towards us!" Kirito yelled and dashed in front of me to block a few incoming rounds.

"Reconvene and we'll push back." I ordered.

That's when the rest of the main group joined and stood alongside everyone. Asuna, Sugu, Liz, Silica, Klein, and Agil all took their places amongst us as we looked ahead towards our enemies. We readied our weapons and I peeked over at the others who gave me a smile.

"You guys ready?" I asked them.

"Yeah!" They all cheered with as they prepared themselves.

"You ready?" I turned to my other side where Sinon took her place.

"With you, K, always." Her wonderful smile made me feel warm.

I just let out a faint chuckle as I summoned my G36C from my inventory and racked it.

"Let's go to war!" I raised my rifle to the sky.

"Damn right!" Kirito was the first to quickly sprint ahead.

"Together!" Asuna cheered as she advanced.

"Woo!!" Sugu immediately went sliding fast down the hill.

"Let's do this!" Liz was pumped as she followed too.