Nocterra

"Master. We have nearly gathered enough banshee blood to fill the cauldron. We are now in a prime position to retrieve the final components." Zade informed.

"Then we will walk the path of risk. Ascend to the mortal realm. Remain undetected and locate the Apocrypha. Only then will my freedom be secured." DeathGod explained.

"I will not fail, my lord." Zade bowed and turned away with a step.

"Zade." DeathGod named.

He stopped and turned back.

"We cannot afford another setback. Is that understood?" DeathGod glared.

"Perfectly." Zade nodded.

Professional, Knight, Black Swordsman: Kirito

"So you saw the first instance then?" I pressed to confirm.

"I think so, yes. Something happened when we defeated the final boss. Our swordsman suddenly turned ravenous and attacked us. My friend was gravely wounded but we both managed to get away. We were left so paranoid from the experience, we logged off for the night. I haven't seen them since. That was over a week ago." The man explained.

"And what did you say the bosses name was?" I wanted to hear him say it.

"The Heathen Lord Algama." The man recalled.

"And it was a gargoyle you said? Where did you encounter it?" I prodded.

"In a chasm underground. It was... hard to get to when we were on the quest. Much trial and error." The man thought back to his experience.

"That should be more than enough information. Thank you for sharing your story. You've helped a great deal in the fight against this." I gratefully concluded.

"If there is a way to return my friends to the mindsets they were before, please find it." The man pleaded.

"We will do our best." I assured and took my leave.

Once I arrived back at the Spriggan zone, I entered K's royal quarters.

"Ah, welcome back, Kirito. It's good to see you." K met me for a handshake.

"Likewise. Any news?" I shook his hand and looked to the others who were getting things ready.

"It turns out there are actually two Vampire covens at play. Those of the North who seek peace and meaning in their immortal lives, and those of the South that seek to engulf the land in darkness. The Northern coven was founded by an Empress, while the Southern coven was founded by a cursed creature." K brought me up to speed.

"Was it a gargoyle?" I asked in a more frantic tone.

"Yea. Why?" K raised an eyebrow at me.

"The player I interviewed said that his party encountered it. It ended up infecting a member of their party and turned them into one of those blood suckers. In either case, he said the dungeon was in some kind of chasm underground." I put forth what I knew.

"Underground?" K tilted his head.

"Affirmative. He had said that it was quite the endeavor to get down there." I confirmed.

"Then where are we to start?" K was left at a loss for direction.

"You said this coven was to the South, right?" Asuna walked up after overhearing us.

"Correct." K nodded.

"Then it'll be in the Imp kingdom. That region possesses the only cave systems capable of reaching any underground channel like you're describing." Asuna aided with her knowledge.