Noble Oddity

Spriggan King, Warrior, Crystal Swordsman: K

"So then, they started hunting you?" Lux asked to confirm.

"Indeed they did. Even to this day, I have to watch my back in every game just to ensure the safety of my family. It's both an honourable duty, and an inescapable curse." I bowed my head.

"A curse? Well, that's one way of looking at it." Sinon emerged from the bedroom as she logged in and kissed my cheek.

"Welcome back, love." I turned to her with a smile.

"What about you tho, hm? How did you come to be apart of Laughung Coffin?" I crossed my arms and turned to Lux.

"My party... I lost them in a dungeon raid. When I thought I was about to die... they arrived just in time to save me. Their leader gave me an ultimatum, to join their cause or die there alone. I'm sure you could imagine what I chose..." She hung her head.

"Of course PoH is responsible for this. I bet he's the one who truly organized that Four Horsemen ordeal." I crossed my arms and scoffed.

"He found you again?" Lux wondered.

"Mm, caused quite the scene too. Our entire world was nearly shattered, and I have a sneaking suspicion that he'll be back at it again soon." I nodded.

"Then I want to stop him." Lux replied determined.

"As do we all, but he is more than untouchable now." I explained.

"How so?" She asked.

"He surrounds himself with other members of Laughing Coffin. The madman Johnny Black and infamous Red Eyed ZaZa, more commonly known now as DeathGod." I began.

"ZaZa..." Lux panicked.

"They also have another. A survivor from SAO that possesses blinding attack speed." Leafa explained.

"The fabled one they call Zade." I spoke.

"I've... heard that name." Lux tried to recall.

"In any case, we can't fight our opponents head on. Doing so almost cost us our world. We'll need to outsmart them in some way in order to gain the upper hand." I informed.

"What about your wolf form, K? Couldn't you fuse with Fenrir again and fight them all like that?" Liz suggested.

I looked over at a sleeping Fenrir and pondered for a moment before shaking my head.

"I may have fused with him to save his life, but Fenrir isn't a weapon." I told her.

"Oh well. It was worth a shot." Liz shrugged with a chuckle.

"And these... 'Four Horsemen', they're located here in Alfheim?" Lux asked.

"Not quite. They've been temporarily banished to the realm of the dead, but as of late they've started making visits. I can't tell exactly what their motive is, but I know it isn't a good one." I crossed my arms.

"No doubt. If they've attacked once before, they will surely have upped their firepower." Lux added.

"Hmm..." The whole table pondered.

"Punch, anyone?" Sinon smiled holding out a platter with cups and a jug of red juice.

"Thanks, Sinon!" Leafa smiled as the platter was set down.

"You're the best, Sweetheart." I stood up to kiss my wife's cheek.

"I figured you guys could use the extra fuel." She giggled and wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"Where's Athena?" I asked.

"Right here!" She flew up and sat atop Sinon's head as a cute little pixie.

"Princess, I'd like you to meet someone." I gently held open my palm to which she quickly sat within it. "This is Lux. She has all white hair just like yours." I smiled as I presented her forth.

"She's so pretty!" Athena exclaimed excitedly.

Lux let out a genuine giggle and happily waved with a hint of blush.

"Hello, Athena." She smiled.

"And this here is-"

"It's alright, K. We've met before." Sinon chuckled as she crossed her arms and winked over at Lux.

"So you all know her, huh? Guess I was out of the loop this time." I rubbed the back of my head with a laugh.

"Definitely a welcome change." Liz remarked playfully.

"Will she be staying long?" Athena peeked back at me over her shoulder as she sat in my hand.

"As a member of the team, she can stay as long as she likes." I looked to Lux with an approving nod.

"Yay! A new friend to play with! Would you like to meet all the big doggies?" Athena cheered and asked.

"I'd be happy to." Lux smiled wide while shutting her eyes.

"So, K. You have your docks, you have your boat. When are we gonna go sailing?" Liz prodded.

The whole group looked to me as Athena and Lux played in the background. I looked back at their eager faces and cracked a smirk when I realized they wanted in.

"How about right now?" I asked.

"Really? You mean it?" Asuna was excited by the idea.

"We're really gonna go out there?" Leafa was too.

"Yeah! Let's set sail!" I announced.

"We're going sailing??" Athena heard.

"We are, Princess! We're finally setting off!" I opened my arms as she ran over to hug me.

"You guys are leaving?" Lux followed.

"We could really use the vacation." I smiled with a nod.

"I see. Then I'll stay here and look after your kingdom. I can even keep an eye out for your enemies, should they appear again." Lux proposed.

"I actually already have substitutes in place. However, keeping a watchful eye would be more than appreciated." I graced.

"Then keep watch I shall." She nodded confidently.

I simply chuckled, seeing a pure spark within her.

"You are forgiven, Lux." I softly placed my hand on her shoulder.

She let out a cute gasp and her eyes started to sparkle as if she were about to cry.

"Take care." I smiled and turned to the others with a step.

They all looked at me with determined smiles.

"Let's go sail the seas!" I raised a fist.

"Yeah!" Everybody did the same.