31. currents

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★// currents— thirty one

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★
// currents
— thirty one

ELIANA WAS ON THE SOCCOR TEAM, NOT AS A TEAM MEMBER BUT WAS HELPING HER GIRLS INTO PREPARING FOR THE NEXT GAME. The school principal didn't have no problem having her miss a couple classes because she had perfect grades and a perfect attendance record.

Eliana walked down the field with a clipboard in hand. Mrs. Bennett was still dealing with family issues which Eliana hopped was true, the woman had a record of disappearing on random days which caused Eliana to grow annoyed.

"Ms. Torres, uh, there's a guy on the stands." Brie, a tall freshman girl pointed up to the stands. Eliana turned and immediately recognized the werewolf.

"Yeah, it's my- my grandpa. Why don't you go on the field and get some warmups in, okay?" Eliana smiled and pats the girls back. Brie nodded and walked away joining the rest of the girls.

"I never consider seeing myself as a grandpa." The Alpha werewolf came down and sat down on the last bench of bleachers. Eliana sighs turning to the man. "What do you want?"

Deucalion stared out onto the field and tapped the empty spot beside him. Eliana hesitated for a moment until she sat down beside him. "I knew a woman back in Georgia, almost twenty years ago, she was a very talented girl."

Eliana turned to the man, listening as he told her the story. "We met at this coffee shop, I had been around looking for a pack when I stumbled across her, she was beautiful and back then I had my vision, we became lovers in an instant. It's funny how odd it was that a witch could love a creature like a werewolf."

Eliana smiled softly thinking of Derek. Deucalion tapped his walking stick to the ground. "But love never lasts. Not when you have enemies that would kill anything you love." Deucalion turned his head listening to her heart beat pick up.

"I wanted to run away with her, somewhere safe just the two of us but she wanted to stay back and fight and I knew it was a fight we wouldn't win." Deucalion said lowly, Eliana had a feeling she knew where the story was heading. "She died in my arms, throat cut—"

Eliana almost reached out to him, it's was her greatest weakness, caring for those who harm her friends and she couldn't help but feel bad for Deucalion. "You don't have to say anything else, I understand."

Deucalion sighs clearing his throat and stood up. "Thank you for listening, Eliana you are a kind person with a good soul." Deucalion almost changed his mind about the plan happening later that night. Eliana watched the man walk away from her view.

✩★✩

Issac, Boyd and Eliana were meeting up at Derek's loft, skipping the rest of the day at school though Eliana would have to go back to school to help the principal pick a substitute for the girls soccer team for the rest of the season.