47. the divine move

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★// the divine move— forty seven

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★
// the divine move
— forty seven

ALLISON'S DEATH HURT THEM ALL SOMEWHERE DEEP, SHE DIED PROTECTING her friends. Eliana headed to the Clinic after visiting the police station, Scott needed to speak with Deaton, though they really should have taken a good moment to themselves to process that happened that night, because it all happened to fast.

"Stiles and Kira said it was the Nemeton that kept it trapped." Scott exclaimed to the veterinarian. "The problem is this isn't even a person you're fighting. It just looks like one, it's a sprit that's taken the shape of a human." Deaton explained.

"The shape of our best friend." Scott declared. Eliana crossed her arms, tired eyes staring into Deaton's worried ones. "Someone caught it once, someone can do it again, right?"

"I don't know." Deaton shrugged. "This thing was trapped a long time ago before the nemeton was cut down, it doesn't have the same power anymore."

"Is there anything that does?" Scott asked.

"Possibly." Eliana and Scott looked at one another at his answer. "When the tree was whole, its wood was sometimes used to contain powerful objects. But this objects are very rare."

Eliana furrowed, something familiar came to her mind. "Power objects?" Deaton nodded. "Like— like an Alpha's claws?"

"Which Alpha?"

"Talia Hale." Eliana answered. "Peter had them in this wooden box with a triskele carved on the lid. What if that wood was made from the Nemetin?"

Deaton exhaled nodding. "It was." Scott glanced away from Eliana and over to Deaton. "How do you know?"

"Because I made it."

Eliana rubbed her temple in worrisome, it seemed like she was being taunted by her thoughts and the thought of losing another friend, she couldn't resist the urge to cry but she didn't, she felt so tired, and wanted nothing more than to sleep.

Scott was crazy worried, Eliana hadn't had much rest since Void took her mind, dark circles were underneath her eyes, she looked completely drained, she looked like was minutes away from passing out. "Hey, Ana, are you ok—whoa!"

Scott grabbed her quickly before she could hit the ground, god how he remembered that feeling all too well. Eliana opened her eyes, holding onto the Alpha's arms. "I'm okay, I'm okay, sorry. I just— something's happening. Like, we're running out of time."

Eliana peered back her shoulder and noticed Kira and Stiles. "Yeah, I kind of got that feeling, too."

✩★✩