48. midnights like this

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★// midnights like this— forty eight

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★
// midnights like this
— forty eight

ELIANA SPENT MOST OF HER SUMMER INDOORS, she had discovered a way to power up her magic when they stopped functioning, she believed something had changed through the passed three months. Allison died, Aiden died, Isaac left Beacon Hill with Chris Argent.

Everyone seemed to disappeared, speaking for people disappearing. Derek hadn't been in town for half the summer, Eliana wasn't bother by it because it wasn't the first time he had left without saying goodbye.

Corey Torres had been working on some extra cases from out of the state. She spent dinner alone, Eliana felt completely drain that she decided to return back to the hospital with Doctor Veronica, and Veronica discovered that Eliana had been diagnosed with depression.

Scott had invited Eliana to accompany them to pick up Derek from Mexico, she declined the invitation and decided to stay home. Corey hadn't seen much of his daughter and it worried him so much that he called the only woman who can help her come out of her shell, his ex mother-in law. Elizabeth Tituba didn't waste a moment and hopped on the next train to Beacon Hills.

Eliana laid across her bed, on her back, music blasting through her ears wanting to block out the voices of the woman who's been taunting her every moment she could. That's when she smelled the familiar smell of the famous mexican dish lingering through her door.

She ripped out the headphones and made her way out the door into the kitchen. "Dad?" The girl spoke warily knowing her father wasn't the best at cooking. "No, it's me, your favorite grandmother."

Eliana smiled brightly at the woman standing in a kitchen apron. "Wh—what are you doing here. Not that i don't mind but..." She stepped forward sitting down by the island table.

"I wanted to come and see you, you don't visit as much like you said you would." Elizabeth mentioned shaking her head. Eliana hummed nodding. "Yeah, I just... I had a lot on my plate."

"And I know damn well that it wasn't food." Her grandmother exclaimed shaking her head in disbelief. Eliana gaped fiddling with her fingers. "Okay, what's with all the sass? I'm sorry I didn't visit, it's been a difficult few months for me."

Elizabeth sighs, placing the wooden spoon down and turned. "I know but I'm your abuelita, I'm supposed to worry about your health and if you're being taken care of, we're mexican, it's literally I'm job to worry."

Eliana chuckled lightly. "Thank you, but you didn't have to come all the way down here but it means a lot that you did." Elizabeth smiled stroking her granddaughter's cheek. Eliana gaze around the kitchen. "What's are you cooking?"

Elizabeth gleams walking back to the stove, stirring the red sauce around. "Enchiladas and I knew it would get you out your room, come, help me roll the chicken into the tortilla."

The two woman talked whilst cooking that night, laughing about the memories of Eliana when she was younger and Elizabeth telling her granddaughter about the stories of young Corey Torres sneaking into her daughter's bedroom so late at night.

Corey walked into the house around the time Eliana began preparing the dinner table, he entered the kitchen with a small smile on his tired face. "Well, isn't this a sight to see, Eliza." Corey greeted with a nod, rolling in his sleeves.

"Corey, come sit, es hora de comer." Elizabeth says coming around with a dish of three enchiladas paired with mexican rice. Corey washed his hands before he joined his daughter at the table. "Thank you."

"Thank you, abuelita." Eliana smiled taking the dish from her hands. Elizabeth soon joined them, sitting opposite from Corey. Eliana hadn't had a proper meal in quite some time and it felt good to have it again. "So, uh, dad... h-how was work?"

Corey glanced at his daughter and nodded. "It's was okay, but it wasn't at bad like the other days. This case took us to San Francisco, a woman has gone missing though it was reported by the best friend and not the husband which made him our number one suspect."

Elizabeth winched shaking her head. "That's horrible." Corey shrugged nodding looking at Eliana. "Yeah, well, Annie, what did you do today?"

Eliana exhaled setting her glass down. "Uh, I woke up early and headed to the library and they Scott called me to hang out but I didn't have the energy to so... I came home, took a nap an-and uh, then grandma showed up."

Corey furrowed, he had no idea what Eliana wasn't handing out with her friends, Scott and Stiles stopped by the house once but his daughter wasn't home. "Why didn't you go with Scott?" Corey asked, Elizabeth glanced between them.

Eliana shrugged. "I don't know." She answered and Corey gave her a look, the witch sighed leaning back. "I can't, every time I look at him, I think of Allison, mean it's been three months and I haven't moved on from her death but they seem fine and— it doesn't make sense, how can they act like nothing happened, I... I hate it."

Eliana clenched her jaw, losing her appetite for her dinner. "I think I'm going to head upstairs, I have school tomorrow." Eliana muttered standing up not before kissing her father's head. "Goodnight," She walked around to her grandmother. "Gracias por la comida, buenas noches."

Elizabeth smiled kissing her cheek. "Buenas noches." Eliana walked out the kitchen, Corey met his mother-in-law's disapproving gaze, he was taken back. "What? What did i do."

salma hayek as Elizabeth Tituba