56. perishable

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★// perishable— fifty six

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★
// perishable
— fifty six

ELIANA WAS AT THE HOSPITAL, she was at home when it happened, Noah Stilinski took a bullet to the shoulder. Stiles had called her almost immediately when it happened, she had been there when his mother died and she knew she needed to be there for him again.

"All right, Mr. Stilinski—"

"Sheriff." Stiles interrupted, the male doctor looked up nodding. "Sheriff Stilinski. I've got you scheduled for surgery first thing in the morning. Unfortunately, it's going to take a little digging to get that slug out of your shoulder."

"Yeah, it's fine." Noah said, never once looking away from the stack of papers the hospital was having him fill out, the doctor nodded turning to leave. "One more."

The doctor turned and walked over to the male resting on the bed, Stiles took a step back. "What's this part here?" Noah asked, squinting at the sentence.

"Patient responsibly." The doctor read. "Parts of the procedure and hospital stay not covered by insurance."

Noah winched. "Are those big parts? Expensive parts?"

"That's between you and your insurance unfortunately." Stiles looked down at the bed, he knew the trouble's his father was facing with money at the moment. "You should start feeling the morphine in a minute. Try to get some rest Mr— Sheriff."

The male walked past Stiles and out the room, Noah exhaled placing the pen down and looked up to his worried son. "Hey, stop that. I was just curious about the terminology. We're not in any kind of dire straits."

"I know about the bills, dad." Stiles mentioned lowly, "I know about the collectors calling about Eichen house, I know about the advance from the department, about the credit cards."

"Stiles, are you going through my stuff?"

"Yeah, I go through all your stuff." Stiles admitted almost proudly without hesitation. "Especially when you keep things from me."

"I keep things from you because you don't need to know everything." Noah declared, growing upset by not having his son's trust. "Yes, I do. I have to know everything. How the hell else am I supposed to take care of you?"

"You're not supposed to take care of me!" Eliana looked up from the magazine in her hand, she's been in the waiting room when they doctor had walked out and didn't have the need to rush inside the room, wanting to give the family a moment alone.

"I'm the dad. You're the son. You get it?" Noah pointed to himself. "Dad. Son." He pointed back to Stiles. "I take care of you." Stiles sighed in defeat and sat down on the armchair.