39. galvanize

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★// galvanize— thirty nine

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★
// galvanize
— thirty nine

ELIANA HAD FOUND OUT THAT HER BOYFRIEND WAS BACK IN TOWN THOUGH TEXT FROM SCOTT. Instead of going straight to school, she decided to head to the loft to talk with Derek.

"Derek?" Eliana spoke softly entering the loft and placed her bag down by the stairs, looking around the almost empty apartment.

Derek walked out the kitchen upon hearing his name being called, she hadn't seen him in almost a month and didn't really think much of it until he showed up, she walked down further and ran into his greeting arms.

Derek held the back of her head, taking in her scent with a sigh, having been missing her since his sudden disappearance. "Oh, I've missed you so much." He muttered into her neck, Eliana smiled softly threading a hand through his hair.

"Where the hell have you been?" Eliana asked, stepping back from his arms and gently pushed him with her hand. Derek exhaled nodding.

"I know, I have a lot to explain but I promise it wasn't something I had planned." Derek tells her, hastily reaching out, grabbing her hands. Eliana tilted her head. "What do you mean?"

"Come." Derek says guiding them over to the couch, and that's when he told her everything, from the hunters breaking into his place after Eliana left, to being held against his own will with his uncle Peter and then about the woman who saved them but not without a price.

"Wow, that's a lot." Eliana says gently stroking his hands. "I'm sorry you went through that." Derek shook his head squeezing her hands.

"It doesn't matter anymore." Derek reassured her worries, smiling up at her. They're eyes met, starry brown staring into his hazel eyes. They slowly moved forward, letting their lips touch for the first time in a month.

"Isn't that beautiful." Eliana pulled away from Derek to the voice. Peter Hale strolled down the curving staircase smiling from ear to ear. Derek exhaled rolling his eyes and stood up.

"Come on, give me the kit." Derek exclaims taking the kit from the man's hands. Eliana furrowed crossing her legs noticing half of a finger laying on the table.

"Oh my god. Is that half of your finger?" Eliana asked looking up at Peter. The man picked up the finger passing it over to Derek. "Is it."

Derek then began sewing back the finger on Peter's hand. The werewolf grunt at the sting. "Don't you have any anesthetic?" Peter asked.

"Yep." Derek answered briefly looking up and continued sewing in the finger.

"Well, are you at least going to tell me what I risked life and digit for?" Peter asked him, clenching his jaw with a slight groan.