40. illuminated

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★// illuminated— forty

✩☙♑︎✾☼❦★
// illuminated
— forty

THE SOCCOR TEAM HAD TAKEN OFF TO SAN FRANCISCO WITH THEIR NEW COACH. Mrs. Berman, she's a well fit thirty-eight year old, African American woman who actually grew up playing soccer with her brothers which Eliana knew her team was in good hands.

Eliana didn't expect to find herself in Stiles Jeep parked outside the police station with Scott and Kira that night. The pair were going to go into the station to delete some photos that Kira didn't want the police to see.

Stiles didn't utter a single word the entire way to the police station, but Eliana wasn't going to let him leave until she got a word out from him, she didn't care if it was a simple sentence unless they finally talk about the kiss that's been eating her up.

Scott and Kira walked up to the car. "Okay, this one will get you into all of the perimeter doors, this one into the evidence room and this one's for my fathers office."

Stiles explained passing the three white cards to Scott. "You didn't steal these, did you?" Scott asked him, questioning his best friends way of getting things.

"No. I cloned them using the REID emulator." Stiles exclaims nodding.

Scott furrows. "Is that worse than stealing?"

"It's smarter." Eliana comments looking at the pair. Stiles pointed at her and nods. Kira looked between them. "Scott, can I ask you something?" The girl says dragging the werewolf away from the Jeep.

"Okay, I'll just..."

Once the pair came back, Stiles began explaining the plan. "Okay, so, now almost everybody's out dealing with the blackout but there's always somebody at the front desk. There's dispatch and usually a night shifter or two, you guys are gonna use the service door entrance by the dumpster."

"All right? Nobody uses it. Now, I'll text you if anyone comes out." Stiles said peering out at him. "But Scott, if you get caught, I can't help you. My dads under investigation for an impeachment because of your dad, so if anything happens. We will run and leave you both for dead."

Scott nodded. "Got it. Thanks, seriously, dude."

"I'd ask my dad, but you know..."

"No, I know. I get it." Scott interrupted nodding.

"All right, just, uh, hurry up."

✩★✩

Six minutes have gone by, the music had been dialed down. Eliana fiddle with her hands and turned to Stiles, reading the expression on his face. "Stiles... we gotta talk about it." Eliana says slowly twisting her frame to face him.