My Hannah

This chapter is one of my favs. It has a bit of a backstory and takes time to get to the point but that's what makes it so much more meaningful. 

REQUESTED BY HANNAH 

***********************************************

Hannah

He left me at prom. Jason left me at prom. I'm sorry I don't know if I mentioned it or not but HE LEFT ME! AT PROM!

Jason and I had been going out for a while. That was a lie, not really. We've been together for a three months but he's been distant the last two. We hadn't talked in weeks when all of a sudden I got a text asking if we were still going to prom together so obviously I said yes, I mean he is still my boyfriend. Sorta. Okay don't judge me. 

While Jason had been distant, me and someone else have gotten close. Eddie Munson. I know, I know. Why would I become friend's with my boyfriends arch nemesis. Well Eddie isn't anything at all like Jason described him to be. He's funny and smart, oh and he taught me how to play Dungeons and Dragons, but he stopped talking to me a few days ago when he heard I was going to prom with Jason. I mean he know's Jason is my boyfriend so why would he be mad. He couldn't possibly like me. Right?

Eddie

I was head over heels in love with her.  She was kind. She had such a pure and joyful soul and she made me want to be a better person. That all went to shit when I found out she's going to prom with that dick Jason. 

Don't tell me, "oh he's her boyfriend," they haven't even talked in like a week. Every time I bring it up she say's he has football and that's why he's so busy, but football ended like two weeks ago so what excuse could she possibly have now? I feel like deep down she doesn't love him, and that she never did. She's just settling for what she thinks she deserves. 

I never liked Jason. The whole school knows. Everyone thought I was just using her to make him mad but when it came to her, he never even popped into my mind. It was always just about her.

But that would all come crashing down the night of prom. When Jason showed up with another girl. Not just any girl, it was Hannah's best friend Chrissy. It completely destroyed me seeing the look of hurt on her face. It was in that moment that I had known I never wanted to see that look on her face ever again, that was when I realized I was in love with her. It was time to tell her. 

Hannah

Jason came to prom with my best friend, my now ex best friend, Chrissy. She was wearing the same dress as me and everything. I was humiliated. Then I saw Eddie's face, and when I tell you if look's could kill. Jason would be a goner. 

I couldn't stand to stay inside with everyone looking and staring at me. I quickly left and went outside, I sat at my favorite spot. It was a big bushy tree with just enough shade so no one could see in, but you could see out. However Eddie knew of this spot and followed me.

"Eddie what do you want." I say, a tear escapes. 

"I saw what happened." he says looking at the ground. Great. Just great.

"And what you though you'd come and make fun of me?" I cry out. I was humiliated. And he saw.

"I would never make fun of you. Hannah he never deserved you. You're so sweet and beautiful, so kind and thoughtful you deserve the world. Not some High school jock who think's football is the world." he says, I can only stare at him.