11- Vitamin D

We're practicing the choreography in the choir room early in the morning. I'm half asleep and can barely get through this choreography without slobbering out the mouth like a rapid dog.

"A five, six, seven, eight. Step, turn, out, in, ball, change, step, ball, change, step, you, you, you, you, uhn, uhn, uhn, uhn, turn-" Mr. Schuester cut himself off "Come on guys, you're sleepwalking on me here, give me some energy." he begged.

"We've got sectionals in two week-" he stated "Please, sectionals is gonna be a breeze." Mercedes spoke up, waving him off tiredly. I would do the same if I wasn't half asleep.

Mr. Schuester took a deep breath in "Maybe so." he agreed, my attention turning to Artie yawning "If we coast through sectionals we're gonna get killed at regionals." he argued, pacing back and forth in the room before turning back to the class.

"We have got to be on our game!" he sternly stated. Everyones attention turning to Kurt as he laughed at something "Sorry. Funny YouTube." he apologized "It's the grape stomping one." he finished as the bell rung.

I picked up my back pack and my way out of the room to the locker rooms.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
"Competition." Mr. Schue said with enthusiasm "Every one of these people or elements was a champion in their own right. But they use competing with each other to make themselves even better." he said whilst pinning two pictures to the board.

"I don't understand how lighting is in competition with an above ground swimming pool." Kurt stated with a confused daze on his face "Just go with it." Mr. Schuester waved him off. "You guys have become complacent. You were great at the invitational, but you got to up your game if you want to get through sectionals." he said.

After a quick silence he spoke up again "Okay, split up. Guys on the left side, girls on the right side." he pointed "Let's go, come on." he ushered. Everyone walked to there respective sides Kurt making his way over to the girls side "Kurt." Mr. Schuester deadpanned, nodding back to the guys side.

Kurt reluctantly walked back over to the left side of the room. I gave him a weak smile and patted him on his back "Heres the deal. Two teams, boys vs girls. One week from today, you will each perform a mash-up of your choice." he proposed.

"What's a mash-up?" Puck asked. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow "What does it sound like? A mash up of great songs to make it even greater. It makes you wanna taste the rainbow." I explained.

"Y-Yeah, basically what Griffin said. You take two songs and mash them together to make an even richer explosion of music expression." Mr. Schuester nodded. "Boys will perform on Tuesday, girls the next day. I want you guys to go all out, okay, costumes, choreography." he listed.

"Whoever wins the competition gets to choose the number that we do for sectionals." he warned "Wait, who's going to be the judge? Your gender makes you biased." I looked at Rachel as if she had grown a third head.

"Am I stupid and need to tighten a screw or whoever judged would still be biased because of their gender." I whispered to Matt. "I don't know." he mumbled back tiredly.

"Ah...There is going to be a celebrity judge." he announced "Wh-who?" Tina asked "Oh, you're going to have to show up to find out." he said as he walked in a circle throwing a ball up into the air.

Everyone started filing out of the choir room "Alright, so here the plan." Puck spoke up "We'll leave Matt, Mike, and Griff in charge of the choreography. We'll all make a selection of songs and decide on what's best. Griff spends a lot of time with Kurt so they both can help with the clothing." he explained.

"Mission is a go." I spoke up as each separate team went a different way Matt, Mike, and I heading to the auditorium "So should we work on the list first?" I asked and they nodded in agreement.