18

I turn down a hall to see Finn and Puck brawling on the floor. A crowd gathered around them. I rushed down the hall and tugged Finn away from Puck "Hey, hey, break it up! Break it up! Come on! Hey!" I shouted "He started it!" Pick claimed "I don't care! You're friends. Act like it." I stated.

The guys calmed down somewhat. "You- You guys are best friends. What the hell is going on?" I asked "I'm just really stressed about the bake sale. I really like Artie, okay?" Puck shrugged before walking off.

"You okay?" I asked Finn. He nodded before walking off also.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
Everyone, including Brad, is on stage in their wheelchairs. Artie is trying to teach them some tricks. "The key to a double turn is to just go for it. You push with the right wheel and pull as hard as you can with the left, and find a spot on the wall to spot you so you don't get dizzy." I watched as Artie tried to help the team.

Everyone starts doing double turns, with varying levels of enthusiasm and success "Okay, guys, take five, all right? Oh, remember to show up early on Thursday. It's Rachel versus Kurt for the big solo." Mr. Schue reminded us

Everyone started to wheel out. Finn, not paying attention, bumped into me. "Careful. Respect the chair." Artie and I stated. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Rachel giving Kurt a forced smile. He sarcastically waved. Brittany high-fives Artie on the way out. Tina stays behind with Artie though.

They've had this weird thing going on for awhile now. It's really confusing, so I just keep an eye on Tina. The last thing I wanna see is a broken-hearted Artie. I fist bumped him before leaving also.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
Burt is finishing with a customer as I was working on a motorcycle when a phone call came through. I pressed the speaker on the phone so Burt could talk from where he was standing "Hummel tire and lube. Yeah. Who is this?" he asked "Your son's a fag." A stranger from the other end of the phone said before hanging up.

Burt looked really angry. How angry I was couldn't match his in this moment. Burt is angrily trying to make a pot of coffee. Kurt comes in. "Hey, dad. Griffin." he greeted us "Sup lil man." I smiled softly. "What the hell is wrong with this machine?" Burt grumbled.

Kurt takes over with the coffee machine "I hit it, the high F. The magical note I need for Defying Gravity. I hit it. It means I'm going to win." he announced giddily "That's awesome, Kurt." I smiled as I wiped the dripping sweat from my forehead.

"That's great. Good for you. Just how long till the damn coffee's ready?" Burt ushered "What's going on?" Kurt asked looking towards me "I got a phone call this morning. The anonymous kind. It was some dude telling me my son was a fag." Burt explained.

"Oh. Well, that's not a big deal. I get that all the time." Kurt shrugged. "Yes it is, Kurt. You're human no one deserves that." I glared "Yeah, but I don't. Now look, Kurt, I... I try to do right by you, you know, open some doors. What father wouldn't do that for his kid? And I know it's good for you to be out there with all this glee club stuff. I just... I don't want you to get hurt." Burt sighed.

Kurt stood there in surprise "So you don't want me to audition for the solo?" Kurt asked, sparing a glance in my direction. "No, no, let me be clear, all right? No one pushes the Hummels around. Especially cowards on the phone. Sometimes I just... I wish your mom was still around, you know? She was better at handling this kind of thing, you know, handling me. Well, congrats on, uh... You know, the cool A or the high C or whatever." Burt sighed.

"High F." Kurt corrected "Yeah." Burt nodded "Look, I'm here for him. No one's touching this kid." I shrugged as I focused on the paper work in front of me "Didn't you quit Glee. Why did you even come back?" Kurt questioned me "Because." I stated "Because what?" he demanded "Quinn slapped some sense into me. Literally." I clarified.