29-The Power of Madonna

We were all summoned to the choir room. Once we're all seated Mr. Schuester writes 'Madonna’ on the white board. "What comes to mind when you see that name?" he asked calmly "Genius." Rachel answered "Icon." Kurt said "Hall of Fame MILF." Puck then commented.

"Someone who's actually hotter then Lady Gaga." I answered. Quinn slowly turned her head towards me and glared at me "For once in my life I actually prefer Puck's comment over yours." she hissed  "So, we’re all aware of Madonna’s musical and cultural significance, which is why this week, your assignment is to come up with a Madonna number." Mr. Schue announced.

The girls and kurt gasp and squeal with delight. Rachel applauds. Mercedes and Tina high-five. "Uh, Mr. Shue? As a dude, Madonna makes me kind of uncomfortable." Puck piped up "Yeah, she’s smokin’ and everything, but can’t some of us do something  else? Like the guy version of Madonna? Like, you know, Pantera?" Finn agreed.

The boys murmur in agreement except for me and kurt "Guys! You know, it’s come to my attention that many of you haven’t been treating the young ladies of our group very nicely lately. You’re disrespectful, bullying, sexist, and I hate to say it, misogynistic." Will scolded the boys.

"I didn't say anything." I raised my hand "I know." Mr. Schuester said annoyed. "I have no idea what that means." Finn said staring off into space "When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist." Brittany spoke up and I just stared at her. There was no helping the poor girl.

"What it means is, put yourself in their shoes for a change. Culturally,  Madonna’s legacy transcends her music, because by and large, the subtext of her songs are about being strong, independent and-and confident, no matter what your sex. But more than anything, Madonna’s musical message is about equality. And that is something I think you guys need to work on." Mr Schuester explained.

"Mr. Shue, I don’t think we can have an honest conversation about Ms. Ciccone without acknowledging that her images are as indelible as her songs. I would like to honor her contributions by tackling a multi-media project. With Mercedes." Kurt announced from the back of the room.

"Great. Go for it, Kurt." Mr Schuester smiled before walking back to the piano "I’m still not down. And no chick intimidates Puckzilla. I just don’t think her music translates to show choir." Puck protested.

"You sound stupid." I mumbled from the other side of Quinn "Really? Well I, for one, couldn’t disagree more." Rachel said before standing up and walking past me.

I suddenly had a feeling to act on a random thought but I had no idea what it was so being the idiot I was I let it loose "Ahh a gremlin!" I shouted covering my head earning a smack to the head by Quinn.

Rachel just simply glared at me and I shook of the previous situation Rachel whispers something in the ears of the band. She walks to the middle of the room and starts singing Madonna’s ‘Express Yourself’. When the song starts, the girls excitedly stand up and join her.

"That’s what I’m talking about. All right!" Will said and applauded the girls "How the hell did we get in the auditorium?" I whispered to myself.

_________________________________________

Santana's POV

Brittany and I are at our lockers I apply some lipstick to my lips as I look in the mirror in my locker "I look smokin’ hot." I said into the mirror "Guess who I’m dating. Wes Brody. He’s super cute. He plays soccer with my sister. He’s seven." Brittany said slightly weirding me out but I didn't want anymore details.

"Oh!" I exclaimed slamming my locker shut "Crap. I need a younger, inferior man. If I don’t find one, Coach Sylvester will kick me off the Cheerios, for sure." I groaned "Hello? Finn or Griffin! Their birthday is like three days before yours, and Finn's super dumb but Griffin is super smart.

"We already tried with Finn, and he hates us. But Griffin might be an easier target." I pondered "Trust me, the way to get a man to follow you forever… take his virginity. Madonna, like, wrote a song about it." Brittany informed me "Griffin already lost his virginity but he still comes over whenever." I answered "Ok but coach Sylvester doesn't know that." Brittany said.

I spot Griffin across the hallway talking to some basketball kids to be honest I didn't even know we had a basketball team. I decided to walk over to him as the boys scattered off heading their separate ways. "Hey, Griff. You know, I’ve been thinking, and I think we should go out. Just you and me no jokes this time and no immediate sex. I think atleast." I raised an eyebrow and waited for his response.

"Do you really mean that?" He chuckled lightly but deeply "That's for us to find out later. So is it a yes or no." I rushed with an exasperated sigh.

"I appreciate the offer, trust. But I have family matters and I’m trying to work things out with them. So…" he trailed off "Who, Quinn? She’s been all up on Puck for awhile now I'm surprised you didn't know." I said in annoyance. "No, she can't be. She promised she'd wait till the DNA test.." he said sadly.

"Please, you can smell the baby hormones radiating off her. She’s like a cat in heat. She talked about him yesterday and practically sprayed the choir room. So come on, let’s do the deed. It’ll be great for my image, and Sue will promote me to head cheerleader. It’s win-win." I informed him with a shrug.

"Wait, what… what do I get out of it?" He asked curious "I don’t know. You get to have sex and make Quinn jealous, finally release stress, I don't know? I meant for me, okay? It’s win-win for me." I said before walking away.

_________________________________________

Griffin's POV

I'm at my locker and I see Santana across the hall. I smooth out my shirt and walk over to her. "Hey, I thought about it and the answer is yes." I informed her "Mm-hmm." Was all she said "…I’m in." I mumbled nervously.

Santana smiles at me happily. I look away nervous "Hey. You have nothing to be nervous about." she reassured me as she stroked my cheek lightly.