27-Hell-O

The club watched as Mr. Schuester scribbled a stick figure with a speech box on the board before facing the class "Hello." he said blankly "Hello?" he repeated when we didn't respond "Hello." we replied lazily. "What do you guys say when you answer the phone?" he questioned, pointing to the board.

"What up?" Mercedes shrugged "Who this be?" Artie answered next "No. She's dead. This is her son." Kurt said, darking the mood. So I just had to join in "Naw he dead, this his youngest tho." I replied in a monotone voice. "O-kay. Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of the telephone... liked to say 'ahoy, ahoy' when he answered the phone." Mr. Schuester explained with a stutter.

"It was Edison who decided that 'hello' was a more appropriate greeting. Look, I am really proud
of what you guys did at sectionals. But as most of you have realized by now... it hasn't made a bit of difference
in your day-to-day at school." Mr. Schuester stated

"I have a Slushee-stained training bra to prove it." Rachel raised her hand "The fact is, we're gonna have to be better... even more spectacular at regionals. It's time for some reinvention,
some new New Directions. We need a new... hello. Here's your assignment for the week. Come up with a fresh number, but it has to have "hello" in the song title. All right?" he nodded as the bell ringed signaling for everyone to go to their next class.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
I watched as Fallon kicked and thrashed in Quinn's arms as I hurriedly washed my hands "Griffin hurry up! He doesn't like me!" Quinn cried out. I dried off my hands and rushed over to them, picking Fallon up out of Quinn's arms.

I gently bounced him to calm him down "What's gotten into him?" Quinn asked "I don't know. Did you feed him?" I asked in confusion as I focused on Fallon's sniffles.

Quinn nodded with a frown "Alright, I'll put him to sleep. But please keep him at the receptionest desk it's too hot out here for him." I stated as I walked back inside the building with Quinn.

I sat down in one of the lobby chairs and propped Fallon up on my knee who was sucking on his hand, a bead of sweat trickling down his face which I wiped away. "Why do you always gotta cry, huh? You love giving Quinn a hard time? Daddy's got work bub, you can't be mean to Quinn like that."

I smiled at him softly, removing his hand from his mouth which he just replaced with the other one. I chuckled before sitting back with him in my arms and grabbing one of his teething toys from the bag. He's growing up so fast and it's crushing my heart but it also makes me happy.

I hand him the teething ring and he happily puts it's in his mouth and gums on it to soothe his mouth. "He probably was crying because you had him in that damn swaddle. He hates it because he can't chew on his hands." I told Quinn with a frown.

"I completely forgot he was teething, sorry." Quinn said with a sigh "Don't apologize. I don't expect you to know every detail about my son." I said with a soft smile as I handed him back to her. "I gotta get back to work before Burt catches me." I said before leaning and kissing her forehead.

She nodded with a soft smile before I walked out of the building and back into the garage.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

After Finn's performance we all cheered and applauded "Hell yeah, bro!" I exclaimed, reaching over and fist bumping him. "And that, fellow Glee Clubbers, is how we say hello." Rachel said after standing up next to the boy.

After the bell rings I watched as Santana and Brittany approached Finn, startling the boy. My eyes traveled down to their linked pinkies. I shook my head before walking out of the class with Rayna and Fallon, who was getting my shirt all wet from his drool.

I stopped when someone pulled my shirt. I looked back to see Quinn "Hey, what's up?" I asked as I watched Rayna continue down the hall "I need something for these bills Puck isn't doing shit." she frowned "Quinn, I recommend forcing some type of rules. I have my own kid to take care of." I frowned back.

She scoffed and shook her head "And what if this is your baby then what?" she asked with venom lacing her tongue "Quinn calm down all I'm saying is. I'm not getting attached to a baby that's possibly not mine." I stated as I rolled my eyes.

I guess that was a snapping point for her "So one bill is gonna hurt you. You can at least pay half and I'll try to get the other half from Puck." she whispered harshly "Quinn, look I'm not gonna do that. I'm already offering you a place to stay-" I stated but was cut off "So you want me to stay with Puck? Because I can." she gritted out.

"That's not what I'm saying, Quinn. Quinn. Quinn!" I shouted as the girl stormed down the hallway. I shook my head and went the opposite direction.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
"All right, guys. We gotta get moving on those "hello" numbers. Who has got something to show us? Volunteers?" Mr Schuester asked as he stood in the middle of the classroom. I looked around nervously before reluctantly standing up.

"I have one, Mr. Schue." I smiled "Okay, yeah show us what you can do." he smiled before standing back by the piano. My palms were sweating as I looked at Fallon who was in Rayna's lap. Suddenly I gained the confidence and signaled to the band and Brad to start playing.

LYRICS {I dream
That someday we'll be able to
Look back on this together
And say it was
For the best and that it made us stronger today
Stronger today

There's much more for us to see
A brand new day for you and me
And with confidence I say
"We're better than ever"
And I don't know where this will lead
But in my life you need to be
'cause I need to say "hello again"

I'm so
Afraid that if I wait too long
You'll never look in
My eyes again
With a look
That gave me strength and gave me hope
And made me feel
I've inspired

There's much more for us to see
A brand new day for you and me
And with confidence I say
"We're better than ever"
And I don't know where this will lead
But in my life you need to be
'cause I need to say "hello again"

Hello again
Hello again, yeah
Hello again, yeah

There's much more for us to see
A brand new day for you and me
And with confidence I say
"We're better than ever"
And I don't know where this will lead
But in my life you need to be
'cause I need to say "hello again"

There's much more for us to see
A brand new day for you and me
And with confidence I say
"We're better than ever"
And I don't know where this will lead
But in my life you need to be
'cause I need to say "hello again"}

I finished and everyone clapped. Including the band "That was great, Griffin. I can tell you had a connection with the song. This is what we're looking for people." Mr. Schue said to the class gesturing back to me.

I walked over to Rayna as the bell ring "Was that song for a special someone?" she asked "Yeah, I just want Quinn to know. Even though I'm still skeptical on if the babies mine that it doesn't mean I love her any less. She's on the verge of moving out." I shook my head as I watched Fallon look over Rayna's shoulder and at me with a smile.

I smiled back at him "I already know if Puck's the dad she's gonna choose him over me. I just want her to feel like she doesn't always have to go with what seems like the safest option." I shrugged as my head hung low "Which is why you're forcing her to get a DNA test while still pregnant after her many protests." Rayna said blankly.

I shook my head and looked at her "I'm not forcing her to do anything." I said with a frown "Why the hell would she think that?" I thought to myself "That conversation you guys had in the hall says otherwise." she stated, looking ahead of her as she spoke.

I thought back to whatever conversations we had earlier before it dawned on me.